What's new

PS2 sales in the UK tripled (1 Viewer)

paul h

Supporting Actor
No suprise really as £199 is a tempting price.
"Friday's PlayStation 2 price cut has more than tripled sales of the Sony console. The new price of £199 led to PS2 clocking up its biggest week of sales since it was launched last November."

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
hmm, 3 x 0 = 0
laugh.gif

Yeah no big suprise there really.
Dean

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
This will be good for Sony if all the people who are buying PS2s end up buying many games to make up for the smaller price.
I read that Sony's games division has actually started turning a profit (not just revenue, but profit) and that they expect to make a lot more by next summer, so the price drop might actually not hurt them.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
dang, I just checked the currency converter and that's $293 US. So you mean it was selling for more than $300 US over there? The price is the main reason I wouldn't buy one, along with the fact that there isn't 3 games on the system that I like so far.
I am actually eagerly awaiting the GameCube, as it has All Star Baseball 2002 (and no, the PS2 version completely changed the engine from the old N64 series & ended up sucking), Luigi's game (forgot the name) and there has been an announcement for another mario kart (loved the N64 version). And it's priced at $199.
Since Nintendo games are usually different in nature from PS2 games, I'll have to carefully choose between the PS2 and XBox when the time comes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks