Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

PS2 sales in the UK tripled

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   paul h

paul h

Supporting Actor

• 551 posts

Posted October 04 2001 - 07:36 AM

No suprise really as £199 is a tempting price. "Friday's PlayStation 2 price cut has more than tripled sales of the Sony console. The new price of £199 led to PS2 clocking up its biggest week of sales since it was launched last November."

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Dean Cooper

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor

• 975 posts

Posted October 04 2001 - 10:04 AM

hmm, 3 x 0 = 0 Posted Image

Yeah no big suprise there really.

Dean

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley

Lead Actor

• 8,343 posts

Posted October 04 2001 - 11:17 AM

This will be good for Sony if all the people who are buying PS2s end up buying many games to make up for the smaller price. I read that Sony's games division has actually started turning a profit (not just revenue, but profit) and that they expect to make a lot more by next summer, so the price drop might actually not hurt them.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Executive Producer

• 10,246 posts

Posted October 04 2001 - 07:52 PM

dang, I just checked the currency converter and that's $293 US. So you mean it was selling for more than $300 US over there? The price is the main reason I wouldn't buy one, along with the fact that there isn't 3 games on the system that I like so far. I am actually eagerly awaiting the GameCube, as it has All Star Baseball 2002 (and no, the PS2 version completely changed the engine from the old N64 series & ended up sucking), Luigi's game (forgot the name) and there has been an announcement for another mario kart (loved the N64 version). And it's priced at $199. Since Nintendo games are usually different in nature from PS2 games, I'll have to carefully choose between the PS2 and XBox when the time comes.

XBox Live: TheL1brarian (let's play Destiny on XB1)

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher

Producer

• 3,452 posts

Posted October 04 2001 - 07:57 PM

Should have been that price at launch. Dan (UK)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users