What's new

Xena: Warrior Princess, Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Brandon Gantt

Second Unit
Does anyone know if Best Buy will be carrying some sort of exclusive for this, as they did with Season One's bonus disc?

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
The odds are pretty good, since they seem to continue exclusives on TV series. We won't know for sure until it's closer to the release date.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Slightly off topic. But, does anyone know when season 2 of Hercules is coming out??

Brandon Gantt

Second Unit
DVD Season 2 Breakdown

Disc 1
Orphan of War
Remember Nothing
The Giant Killer
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
* Photo Gallery

Disc 2
Return of Callisto (Featuring audio and video commentary by Lucy Lawless & Renee' O'Connor)
Warrior. Princess. Tramp
Intimate Stranger
Ten Little Warlords

Disc 3
The Solstice Carol
The Xena Scrolls
Here She Comes. Miss Amphipolis
Destiny (Featuring audio and video commentary by Rob Tapert)

Disc 4
The Quest
A Necessary Evil
A Day in the Life (Featuring audio and video commentary by Lucy Lawless, Renee' O'Connor & Rob Tapert)
For Him the Bell Tolls

Disc 5
The Execution
Blind Faith
Ulysses
The Price

Disc 6
Lost Marnier
A Comedy of Eros
*Exclusive 30 Minute Interview with Lucy Lawless, Renee' O'Connor & Rob Tapert

Disc 7
The Xena Chronicles
Trivia Actor/Director Bios

KimK

Stunt Coordinator
I just got Season 1 last week and I'm almost done watching it. I'm really liking it so far and I looking forward to Season 2. ;)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Season 2 was the best season of Xena. Looking forward to it.

I do wish they would get some other people to record commentaries. Writers and directors of course, along with frequent guest stars Ted Raimi, Hudson Leick and Bruce Campbell.

Greg Rakaska

Stunt Coordinator
I happened to have picked up this set Tuesday. It has a banner on the box that states "Exclusive Bonus Content", not "Exclusive Bonus DVD" like the first set was labeled. There were in fact only seven discs in the set, no extra one as in the first set.

As far as the "Extra Content", I haven't reviewed it yet, but the banner states that it is "Interviews wtih Lucy Lawless, Renee O'Connor, and Rob Tapert".

On my way to the register with this set, I passed by a clerk that looked up at me and said "Got any good DVD's there?", I responded "Oh just the Xena set". He said, "Well be sure to come back Tuesday, I'll have the second season put out then". I thanked him and proceeded to the checkout and bought the second season w/o a hitch.

Brandon Gantt

Second Unit
I saw this in the store today, but didn't pick it up because I was expecting a "bigger" bonus. I that they had mistakenly put out the standard copies. The official press release (posted above) makes it seem as if the 30 minute interviews are a part of the standard version, but they're not. Now that I know this I'll go back to the store on Tuesday and pick it up. Greg, did a free collector's coin come with your version? I've read some reviews that the standard release only has an order form for the coin.

Brandon Gantt

Second Unit
Look for a chat with Lucy Lawless on USA Today September 2nd at 4PM EDT/ 1PM PDT! Questions can be submitted in advance, just click under the "This Week's Chats" section.

Greg Rakaska

Stunt Coordinator

The collector's coin was not included. There is an order form to purchase the coin for $4.95 :frowning:

The same order form has a "coin holder" to display all the coins, also for "only" $4.95 shipping and handling, or if you prefer, you can get the coin and the holder for $7.95.

I got this set from the same place that had the free bonus DVD and free coin for the season 1 set.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
They're making us buy the coins now? They aren't included even in the Best Buy sets. Screw that. Unless they've put much more interesting artwork on them, the coins aren't worth $5.

Brandon Gantt

Second Unit
Like a fool I went out and purchased the holder, thinking that a coin would be included with each AB set. That's $4.95 wasted, because I have no intention of paying for some hokey coin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks