Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Missing Image, Please Help!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   TylerD

TylerD

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted August 11 2003 - 03:29 PM

I have a Sony Trinitron 4:3 TV and a Mitsubishi DD-6030 DVD player. I set it to 4:3 Letterbox in the Picture display settings (As opposed to 16:9 Wide and 4:3 Normal). My problem is that the player is zooming in on the image cutting off the sides of 16:9 Enhanced stuff. And the weird thing is, is that it only does this in the menus!!Posted Image When I'm watching a film, everything is perfect, but in menus it cuts off the side! Does anyone know how to fix this!?! Help would be really appreciated! Posted Image

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs

Executive Producer

• 16,725 posts

Posted August 12 2003 - 03:32 AM

Not sure what you're saying here.

Which Sony TV do you have? If it's a 4:3 WEGA, then it has a 16:9 mode. That means you should go into the DVD player's set-up menu and select "16:9" as your output mode. The WEGA, since it compresses its entire scanning-line raster into a 16:9 window when displaying 16:9-encoded sources (DVD, D-Theater), is, effectively, a 16:9 set in such cases.

If your WEGA can autodetect 16:9 signals (and the non-high def FV series can as well as all the high def-capable models), then all the better.

So, go select 16:9 in your DVD player's set-up menu and be done with it.