What's new

Missing Image, Please Help!!! (1 Viewer)

TylerD

Auditioning
I have a Sony Trinitron 4:3 TV and a Mitsubishi DD-6030 DVD player. I set it to 4:3 Letterbox in the Picture display settings (As opposed to 16:9 Wide and 4:3 Normal). My problem is that the player is zooming in on the image cutting off the sides of 16:9 Enhanced stuff. And the weird thing is, is that it only does this in the menus!!:angry: When I'm watching a film, everything is perfect, but in menus it cuts off the side! Does anyone know how to fix this!?! Help would be really appreciated! :)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Not sure what you're saying here.

Which Sony TV do you have? If it's a 4:3 WEGA, then it has a 16:9 mode. That means you should go into the DVD player's set-up menu and select "16:9" as your output mode. The WEGA, since it compresses its entire scanning-line raster into a 16:9 window when displaying 16:9-encoded sources (DVD, D-Theater), is, effectively, a 16:9 set in such cases.

If your WEGA can autodetect 16:9 signals (and the non-high def FV series can as well as all the high def-capable models), then all the better.

So, go select 16:9 in your DVD player's set-up menu and be done with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks