Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Missing Image, Please Help!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 TylerD

TylerD

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted August 11 2003 - 03:29 PM

I have a Sony Trinitron 4:3 TV and a Mitsubishi DD-6030 DVD player. I set it to 4:3 Letterbox in the Picture display settings (As opposed to 16:9 Wide and 4:3 Normal). My problem is that the player is zooming in on the image cutting off the sides of 16:9 Enhanced stuff. And the weird thing is, is that it only does this in the menus!!Posted Image When I'm watching a film, everything is perfect, but in menus it cuts off the side! Does anyone know how to fix this!?! Help would be really appreciated! Posted Image

#2 of 2 Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs

Executive Producer

• 16,725 posts

Posted August 12 2003 - 03:32 AM

Not sure what you're saying here.

Which Sony TV do you have? If it's a 4:3 WEGA, then it has a 16:9 mode. That means you should go into the DVD player's set-up menu and select "16:9" as your output mode. The WEGA, since it compresses its entire scanning-line raster into a 16:9 window when displaying 16:9-encoded sources (DVD, D-Theater), is, effectively, a 16:9 set in such cases.

If your WEGA can autodetect 16:9 signals (and the non-high def FV series can as well as all the high def-capable models), then all the better.

So, go select 16:9 in your DVD player's set-up menu and be done with it.