Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Subwoofer help/suggestions

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Josh Sieg

Josh Sieg

Second Unit

• 285 posts

Posted August 11 2003 - 08:56 AM

I have 2 Lightning Audio 15" subwoofers I'm planning on putting in my car. They both have a peak of 300 watts each. I was wondering what wattage would be recommended for my amp. I was thinking around 1,000. But I'd like other opinions.
My favorites:

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Josh Sieg

Josh Sieg

Second Unit

• 285 posts

Posted August 16 2003 - 05:21 PM

one at a time...
My favorites:

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Leif Wall

Leif Wall

Second Unit

• 405 posts

Posted August 17 2003 - 12:57 AM

I think you'd be safe with 400-500 RMS a piece on them. Go with a 1k watt Class D amp and you should be set.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Sean Me

Sean Me

Extra

• 24 posts

Posted August 18 2003 - 06:21 PM

Find out what the RMS power handling is for each of them and then give them that much each, or even a little less would be fine (depending on what your budget for an amp is). Lightning audio is lower end stuff and most lower end stuff is designed to run (and sound good) with less power. The law of diminishing returns kicks in very quickly in car audio and it is mostly with the high dollar drivers that you notice them really shine because of tons of power being thrown at them. Box design is where I think you will notice the greatest difference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users