What's new

TV no component input. (1 Viewer)

Karl_C

Grip
Hi,my question is a bit innocent and stupid. please bear with me. If the TV does not have a component input, is there a way to connect the DVD (with component output) to that TV? E.g. using some sort of cable to convert S-video to Component. Thanks.

Jonathan Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Does the DVD player not have S-video out? I haven't been looking much at players lately, but I have not seen one that only had component video outputs.

Karl_C

Grip
The dvd actually has both S-Video and component out but the TV only has S-Video input. My plan, if it is possible, is to connect the dvd using component out directly to TV by using the S-Video input of the TV but with a converter if there is such an animal.

Bill_Wil

Stunt Coordinator
It wouldnt make sense to use a converter even if there was one to use. The signal would only be as good as your lowest quality connection being used. In other words the signal quality from the DVD (component) would be reduced to the quality that the s-video connection on the TV can provide. Using just the s-video directly from the DVD player to the TV is still going to give you a pretty good picture anyway.

Karl_C

Grip
Thanks. Actually I'm quite satisfied with S-Video. Just wanted to experiment a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks