What's new

Toys R Us will have LotR:TTT for $14.99 if you pre-order (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The One Ring.net is reporting this on their front page:

If I recall correctly, wasn't that the same deal they did for Star Wars Episode 2?

For those of you with a TRU nearby, enjoy!

JeffreyMercado

Second Unit
If I recall correctly, wasn't that the same deal they did for Star Wars Episode 2?
Although what happened in my area was that none of the TRU's carried the widescreen version. They all had plenty of full screen until later on in the afternoon. I will not go through that again. I am sure BestBuy will have a midnight party, and it will be $15.99.

Nick Senger

Stunt Coordinator
Although what happened in my area was that none of the TRU's carried the widescreen version.
Thanks for the warning Jeffrey. I was tempted to do this, even though Toys R Us is on the other side of town, but it's not worth the effort to save a buck. There's a Fred Meyer just down the road that does price matching, and they open at 7:00 am, so that's probably where I'll get mine.

JeffreyMercado

Second Unit
I remember just pricematching at Best Buy. It is just easier, and you do not have to worry about lack of widescreen.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
They did this for Harry Potter: Chamber of Secrets, if I remember correctly. When I preordered that, I chose which format I wanted up front, and my receipt said that. No problems getting the widescreen release on release date.

My Toys R Us is right next to my Best Buy, so I'm going to preorder at TRU, probably today :)

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Whoops, should've read more carefully. Toy's R Us had no idea what I was talking about, and now I see that the promotion starts on the 17th :)

rick stein

Stunt Coordinator
Hey i saw the ad today and it said they would have the widescreen version just not sure if best buy or circuit city may have it even cheaper what do you guy's think?

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
according to listings on other forums, it looks like Two Towers will be around $15 at least at Circut City.

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
Another choice. Buy from the Home Theater Forum deals page. It's $12.37 shipped from Overstock after $5 coupon, and no tax for most people (they're in UT I believe). 4 disk extended set is $20.39 shipped. Purchases go to support this forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks