What's new

AV15 sub for sale: (1 Viewer)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
28H X 24W X 27D AV15 sub for sale. This sub is front firing along with two heavily flared 4" ports under the black grill. The sub has been stained black with Solar-Lux B503 over the oak veneer and then semi gloss Clearthane applied for a top-coat. This sub is passive and is tuned close to 20.7 Hz. The driver was rebuilt by TC Sounds for it was possibly faulty when I received it. It works great now and I have pretty much always ran it in a dual or a three sub situation so it has not been abused. The inside of the grill has some carpet tape holding the fabric in place to assist in the glue drying time. I think this could be removed now but is not noticeable with the grill on. It is on the back edge of the grill itself.

Briane Bunge of (Rutledge Audio) was the builder. I have the original box and this sub is to large to ship UPS so a terminal to terminal shipping arrangement would need to be made by me if you are close to a city or large town.

I run a couple of SVS 25-31cs+'s also and have just decided to go with three 25-31+'s for it is to hard to fit all three subs in the same corner. (WAF) The AV15 does very well on it's own though. Major SPL in the lower regions. It blends very well.

I payed $650 for this sub about six months ago and I would be willing to sell it for $400 Pics are on page two.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Considering the size of this sub I am willing to drop the price down to $475 plus shipping. This is allot of sub for $475.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
New price! $445 for 133 lbs of AV15 sub. The 15" driver alone costs $205 over at Stryke.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
New offer! I would be willing to throw in a 8" 100 watt powered Kenwood sub also,($185 new) for the $445 price. If a HTD Level III cherry center ($139 new) appeals more to you, then I would be willing to throw that in instead. If a pair of black ash Advent AS2 Towers ($150 new) sounds better, then I would be willing to go this rout also. All new offer items are no older than two years and some of it has been just sitting in the den for over a 1 1/2 years. Andrew has first choice if he is interested?

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
Steve,
I can't believe this is still here. There's nothing that will come close to it's performance at the price you're asking(and now you're just giving away speakers).

Frank

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Sorry for the delay. New product line at work has been keeping me very busy.

Jason I could take a few pics this weekend and Email them to you if you would like and shipping is no problem as long as you live fairly close to a shipping terminal. I would need to bring it to a terminal myself to have it shipped. Then you would need to pick it up at the terminal close to you if there is one? If you are close to a larger town or city then there should be one. A guy can have it shipped to him from the terminal also but it would almost double the shipping cost. I would expect this to come in around $115 to $150 terminal to terminal.

I could UPS the other sub if that is what you chose. It should come in around $30--$40 is my guess off the top of my head.

Chris J is also another interested party. He mailed me basically at the same time as your post Jason. If one of you should become serious, the first to commit would have to be the new owner. I hope this is agreeable and fare.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Well it looks as though the big block AV15 is sold to Chris J.. Sorry Jason but Chris basically committed to it last week. I'll be sorry to see it go especially after the work I put into it myself. One darn nice sub for the $$. I just took a pic of it with out the grill and this sub looks like raw power in a box to be sure with the silver driver shining against the black background of the front face and the two heavily flared ports.

Chris James

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Steve! I am looking forward to giving it a go! Man, AV15 in the living room theater, SVS 16-46PCi in the bedroom theater.....doesn't get any better than that!

And send me that new pic so I can drool!

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Well it looks as though Chris had a little unexpected turn of events in a reality transaction so the AV15 is back up for sale. I will scan in some pics tomorrow so I can email pics to any interested parties.

Chris James

Stunt Coordinator
I just wanted to let anyone interested in the AV15 know that Steve is an excellent guy to do business with. He has been very helpful, and I am very sorry to be unable to do business with him. Whoever wants this sub will have a great transaction with him. This is a monster subwoofer for the price, take advantage!

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Thank you Chris for the good word and again I am sorry for the extra hoops you need to jump through in your other transaction.

Daniel I should be able to mail you those pics on Thursday and thanks for the interest. It also looks like the shipping will not be as steep as I anticipated. I am reasonably sure $550 total would cover my selling price and cover the shipping cost terminal to terminal. The total weight of the box and sub is 185 pounds.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Daniel could I bother you to PM me your email address so I can send you those pics? They are developed and all scanned in now. Thanks for your pateince.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks