Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

I got metered tonight.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Leif Wall

Leif Wall

Second Unit

• 405 posts

Posted August 08 2003 - 09:41 PM

There was a little car audio meet with some people I know from online near Thief River Falls, MN. One is a serious dB Drag competitor, another is in UsacI I think.

Anyways, I got metered on the new Termlab meter, which is very tough. Around 6-7 dBs down from last year. This one follows or is closer to the B&K Standard.

My truck is a just a daily driver, not for competing or anything like that. I have 2 JL 15w3s in a 10 cube ported box, tuned to 32hz, with 87.5 square inches of port. They're powered by a JBL 1200.1. In an 89 Ford Ranger Ext. Cab.

I did a 143.4 Not too bad I guess. Especially on the new meter and for just throwing some tones on a cd-r and not changing any of my settings on my amp or deck.

Also got to hear some Digital Designs 9515s. Very very nice. Had 2 in a van that was doing 150s. Man, that was pretty loud!!!