Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Who's got Surround Sound in their auto's?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Wes

Wes

Screenwriter

• 1,191 posts
  • LocationUtah USA

Posted August 08 2003 - 05:58 PM

Just wondering if it's a reality with anyone yet, I do not have it but I would love to hear some of my dts discs in my new truck. I have been out of car audio for nearly a decade so I'm not up to speed on things! Is Fosgate still the only one making PLII decoders for car audio? Wes
My Theater Web Site:
www.prosteering.8k.com

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   brentl

brentl

Screenwriter

• 2,921 posts

Posted August 10 2003 - 07:31 AM

I've seen DTS and DD decoder for cars. It's really easy to get higher end head unit with it build in, but look for a cheap DVD player that has it built in and save $600. I remember when I was into this(around 1990) and spent some time looking for PL or even just surround decoders and everybody thought Iwas crazy!! Brent

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   James Mudler

James Mudler

Stunt Coordinator

• 209 posts

Posted August 11 2003 - 07:47 AM

I did a old Lexicon processor in my Expedition a few years ago. It was a fun little project.
Luke, I am your father

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Roger Dressler

Roger Dressler

Stunt Coordinator

• 187 posts

Posted August 22 2003 - 08:22 PM

I just installed the Alpine PXA-H700 surround decoder mated with the CDA-9805 head unit in my '91 Maxima this week. Tore out the ailing Bose gear, replaced all the speaker drivers, added L/R tweeters atop the front doors, added a 4" 2-way Rockford unit in the dash top for center, and 8x 60W of Sony xPlode power and an Infinity 200W powered sub in the trunk. So far all I have are 2-ch sources running with Pro Logic II, but the decoder is ready for a DVD changer, as it also decodes Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS. It all went in without a hitch--and no sign of alternator whine of any kind. Result, a great spatial impression, good front vocal focus, clear clean sound with some punch. And I've only just started the EQ/timing tweaking.
Roger Dressler

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   brentl

brentl

Screenwriter

• 2,921 posts

Posted August 27 2003 - 03:25 AM

Nice Roger!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users