What's new

Insane songs to play on your SVS (1 Viewer)

Shane Morales

Second Unit
How about some voting. My vote goes to a
band called Yellow and the song was Si Senor The Hairy Grill. It doesnt seem like there's going to be any bass when the song starts, but soon the gut crushing, intestinal twisting bass begins and you know you like it.

Anyone else?

dajaga

Stunt Coordinator
hey how about the first song on 40oz to freedom by sublime. i played that in my digm ps1000 and it just rattled my whole house

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Sting. Track one on his desert rose cd. turn it up realLY loud, and be careful and make sure you cross it over all to the sub if you can, you could do some damage to your speakers. The telarc 1812 with the cannons is also a good one. I don't really like the sting cd, but when people wanna hear some music bass.... that goes in the player.

Yousaf

Second Unit
Well, I guess it's not "insane" but the bass in Eric Clapton - Look into My Father's Eyes usually makes me happy :)

Steve_D

Second Unit
The heartbeats on Pink Floyd - DSOTM SACD usually get people's attention! In fact, this whole disk is almost magical.

I like track 2 on Hendrix Blues...the sub gives real weight to the bass line..even though the primary freq's are at the upper end of the sub and into the upper bass.

I find the sub also gives real weight to Piano music...Telarc Polonaise in AB (Chopin) for instance

I don't have a Blue Man Group CD yet...but I'm on the lookout.

Of course, there is a whole list of them on SVS's site in the FAQ.

ross ish

Stunt Coordinator
paula cole "this fire"

Celine dion "heart goes on" one minute into the song the bass drops out. most subs do not acknowledge the bass note, but it is there...the room should pressurize

Madona "Ray of Light"

Sara mMcLachlan "Mirror Ball" cd has some really low unexplainable notes

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Tho I don't have an SVS (yet;)), A friend and I did this little test about 3 weeks ago.

It all started when I turned on the Xbox and realized that the opening animation on the system has pretty good bass.

So, we decided to find some music that has the best bass possible.

We found quite a lot of songs that had amazing bass. While I'm not into rap music, my friend is into all sorts of music, and we found that rap had most of the best bass.

Also recieving honourable mention (as well as making it to "the finals") was American Woman, sung by Lenny Kravitz.

I can't remember the other songs, but I'll try to get the titles from my friend.

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
Erykah Badu's BADUIZM album has good bass throughout, as does her album MAMA'S GUN. Alanis Morissette's Uninvited has very deep bass.

I just got the Blue Man Group DVD-A this week (Amazon, didn't think to check Ebay). Definitely a good subwoofer test disk. I don't know how low the extension of the bass on the disk is, but there is certainly *a lot* of it.

Brian Fellmeth

Supporting Actor
Many metalish bands have insane base :

Mudvayne
Marylyn Manson
Nine inch nails
Fear Factory
Chemical Brothers

In the lighter pop/rock/jazzy catagory, a band called "Everything but the girl" is the bassiest stuff I have ever heard. Only their most recent 3- "amplified heart", "walking wounded" and "temperamental". Whats unique about this band is that the very deep and very powerful bass is musical.

Scott Oliver

Screenwriter
Try Madonna's "Rain" it is murder on a sub.

There is consistent 20-30Hz bass for the entire 5 minute song. It is not something that you think is super taxing compared to like the telarc 1812 cannons, but that song will make my sub go into overheat shutdown mode everytime.

gregD

Second Unit
I believe the original poster specifically asked for 'insane'...

Try King Crimson "Level Five" (from "The Power to Believe").

Required: seat belts, crash helmet.

Rudi B

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, here it goes, a "non-classical" selection from the top of my head (and Winamp :))... Don't have a subwoofer at all right now, but a SVS is on its way... :)

Marilyn Manson, Resident Evil soundtrack, his score. Crazy.

Ok, stupid, but: Avril Lavigne - Sk8er Boi. Some ~30hz hits through the song and the ending is a nice "refreshment" :)

Almost anything by Crystal Method.

The Dust Brothers - Fight Club Soundtrack.

Blue Man Group - Complex - Piano Smasher. Wow.

Fluke - Matrix Reloaded - Zion. Sounds quite interesting.

And here are some selections that you can download (free!):

Bill Brown:

billbrownmusic.com/musicG1.htm - "Reservoir"
billbrownmusic.com/musicG4.htm - USA C&C themes

Actually, anything by Bill Brown is extra bassy :)

Sonic Mayhem:

.sonicmayhem.com/

Anything. I tell you, everything is a bass fest. Just try the new promo CD, song "Operation Skynet" ( .sonicmayhem.com/promo2002audio/operation_skynet.mp3 ) ... Quake 3 soundtrack, such stuff...

Most probably I'll do some graphs for some songs when the time for a SVS review from me will come ... :)

P.S: stupid URLs, stupid forum software.

terence

Supporting Actor
Little John & the Eastside Boys "Get Low" (RAP) This song has very low insane Bass! The SVS plays iyt loud and clean, just give a listen!:emoji_thumbsup: :D

David_Stein

Second Unit
Real Name
David_Stein
if you want the ultimate in low bass, i suggest a band called sunnO))), named after the classic brand of guitar and bass amps.

a little about the band, from their Southern Lord website:

The SUNN0))) mission is to create trance like soundscapes with the ultimate low end/bottom frequencies intended to massage the listeners intenstines into a act of defecation. SUNN 0))) have gathered 2x for live performances, at which they have succesfully made audience members instantly nauseous, or better yet run for the toilet in terror.

The powers that be contracted the heaviest low end destructors SUNN 0))) to create the most subharmonic drone recording ever put to tape. A test impossible for most mortals. Prepare your sound system!
I have bought two of their albums (white1 and flight of the behemoth) but until tuesday i wont have a chance to listen to them on a real system. however, once i have things set up on tuesday my Crown CE1000 and SVS 20-39CS+ will have some fun. i have, however, heard an mp3 (which is going to be compressed to lose some of the low-end) played on the CS+ with only 200w powering it or less and my roommate did say after a minute his head was starting to hurt.

for those people who still prefer that their songs have something resembling an actual song structure, i suggest The Gates of Ballard from the White1 album.

Alex-F-V

Stunt Coordinator
The CD I use for some crazy bass maybe to the "insane" level on some songs (iron head I believe) is the Scorpion king movie soundtrack.
Some of those songs have base coming out of the speaker wire!!!!

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
My two cents are the cd soundtracks to:
The Last of the Mohicans
The Fifth Element. (About a minute into track 2 on this one there is a bass pitch thing that starts about maybe 60hz?? and then plummets to almost inaudible, so maybe 20hz??? I don't know the hz for sure, but it is a good test to see how well your mains are intergrated with your sub. It's also fun to take the sub grill of and watch the woof move slower and slower. This cd has other good bass tracks too.)
Patriot Games and
The Thin Red Line are heavy as well.

Lee-M

Stunt Coordinator
Pop in the soundtrack to "American Beauty"... the one by Thomas Newman, not the "Songs from..." disc.

The opening track, and track 3, are tremendous, and I'm surprised they never get mentioned...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks