-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Wire Management

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Dave_WY

Dave_WY

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted August 08 2003 - 01:04 PM

Well after alot of finicky work I have my cables and wires just the way I like them. I searched for wire management but didn't find alot and very hard to find pictures for ideas, so I thought I would add these pics to my website for just that reason. Let me know what you think. Thanks

I guess you will have to check under my profile for the website since I'm not allowed to use url's.

#2 of 4 Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Producer

• 5,910 posts

Posted August 09 2003 - 07:27 AM

The cables are all well hidden, which to me is one of the hallmarks of a good installation. Good job!

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

My Equipment List
“A nice mid-fi system,” according to an audiophile acquaintance.

My Tech / DIY Articles and Reviews

#3 of 4 anth_c

anth_c

Stunt Coordinator

• 79 posts

Posted August 10 2003 - 04:10 AM

Dave,

Nice job hiding the wires. Can you show some pictures of how you managed to hide the wires behind your rack?

#4 of 4 Dave_WY

Dave_WY

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted August 10 2003 - 07:18 AM

-Wayne thank you for the compliment!
-anth_c my rack has a c-channel down the back, all my wires go through the back and are tie wrapped neatly in the channel. I covered the front of the channel in black vinyl so you can't see anything from the front. I have my power bar/surge protector screwed into the back channel also. I have a couple bundles of wire going to the TV all wrapped in the corrugated black hose. Any other wires going to sub or front speakers are all run straight out the back of the channel into my wire ways. Hope that helps since I don't have a digital camera right now.
Dave