What's new

Any receivers with component video switching and 3 + digital coax inputs? (1 Viewer)

John Rheaume

Auditioning
I've recently devoted myself to upgrading the video portion of my system and haven't paid much attention to what's been developing with the newer receivers. I'm looking for something that will be able to handle 4 ohm speakers (5 Adire kit 281's). Also, since 3 of my digital audio components only have digital coax outs (DVD player, CD mega changer and HD cable box) I need some way of connecting all 3 at once. Changing the one digital coax input to the desired component output each time is wearing on me. :thumbsdown:

As far as the component video switching goes, I'd like this so that I could run a progressive scan DVD player and the HD cable box into the VGA input of the front projector (In-Focus X1). Although the X1 has a good de-interlacer, I still prefer the picture from a prog scan DVD player.

I've had a Sony STR DB930 in the system for 3 or 4 years now and it has performed satisfactorily to my needs over that time. Never had any trouble except anything going thru the analog inputs seems to have the least bit of high end distortion, even when using high grade cables.

So, your mission, should you decide to accept it :b, is to offer suggestions for receivers that fit the above criteria and also fit into a sub $1000 budget.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

John

Jarvis_R

Agent
I just got my H/K 525 yesterday. It has component switching, and three coax inputs. However, one of them is on the front, which isn't the most attractive. But I'm fine (at least for now) using the four inputs on the back.

Dan B

Screenwriter
The NAD T762 has component video swtiching (2 inputs) & 4 digital coax inputs. It also will handle 4 ohm speakers better than most receivers. It's available for right around $1000. The NAD T752 is available for around $700 & also has 2 component ins & 4 coax ins.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks