Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Def Tech Bipolars on Stands???

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   James_C

James_C

Agent

• 47 posts

Posted November 16 2001 - 07:35 AM

I would like to buy bipolars for my rears but I don't have the wall area for them. Can I put them on stands or do they need to be mounted on the wall??? I am looking at the BP2X's or the BP1.2X's.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Bob_A

Bob_A

Supporting Actor

• 878 posts

Posted November 16 2001 - 07:48 AM

I recall one "professional" reviewer who placed the bpvx's on stands...so I think it is definitely possible. Maybe contact Definitive for advice on where to find such a stand. Good luck!

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   jacek p

jacek p

Agent

• 37 posts

Posted November 16 2001 - 09:32 AM

Where do you buy nice looking and inexpensive stands? Thanks, ------------------ jacek
jacek

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Scott-C

Scott-C

Supporting Actor

• 865 posts

Posted November 16 2001 - 08:00 PM

I have BP2X's for my side surrounds, and have them on stands. Works quite well. My cousin actually made the stands out of a decorative rail and two platforms (all from Home Depot), and finished them with a spray paint package that makes them look kind of granite-like. They hold the speakers comfortably and are fairly balanced (though I do place the speakers at the very back of the stand so that they're flush with the wall). I can't recall the height of the stands, but they're high enough so that when I'm seated on the couch the side surrounds are just slightly above my ear level.

------------------
Posted Image

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   David R. Hendrickson

David R. Hendrickson

Stunt Coordinator

• 66 posts

Posted November 17 2001 - 05:24 AM

i have 4 BPX's for rears and sides sitting on four bell'oggetti SP200 stands. i like them a lot...

Posted Image

http://www.soundcity...?product_id=380

------------------

dave

Widescreen DVD - Because a superior format requires superior formatting.
dave

No, I can't go out. I'm watching Garbo...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users