What's new

Directors What Actor or Actress Bothers You? (1 Viewer)

JohnE

Supporting Actor
I know this is stupid but what the hell. For some reason there are just some stars who bother me so much they can almost ruin a movie for me. I'm not talking about their talent or acting abilities but something indefinable that seems to rub me wrong. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

A couple for me are,

Tobey Maguire - I don't know what it is, I think he's a good actor, but I can't think of anything I like him in. His scene's just tend to annoy me.

Julia Roberts - I can't even bring myself to watch her movies it's so bad. Again ther is no one thing I can put my finger on, but when she is in a scene I feel like gouging out my eyes.

I hope I'm not the only one or I'm going to feel like a bit of a freak! :b

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Julie Roberts is at the top of the list for me. Followed by Sandra Bullock, Meryl Streep, Cameron Diaz, J-Lo and Jennifer Love Hewwett (or how ever you spell her last name).

For the guys: Jim Carrey, Bill Murray, Will Smith, Martin Lawerence, and Bradon Frazior.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Tom Cruise
Julia Roberts

Other than those 2 I'm a very tolerant person!:D

Hunter P

Screenwriter
I boycott all Michael Douglas movies now. The final burn was "The Game." Never again. You hear that, Michael! NEVER AGAIN, DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit
Bette Midler
Ben Ass-fleck
Barbra Steisand (thank god she doesnt do many movies)
Any hot chick thats in a movie simply for her looks and not acting abaility.

There are others but these people in specific turn me away from whatever crap they are appearing in.

TommyT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom
1st choice for me is Jay Mohr. He always seems to play total bastards. Annoys the hell outta me!

2nd choice is Adam Sandler. Same movie every time, just the character's name changes. There is one exception, of course, Punch Drunk Love. Funny thing is that most of his fans avoided PDL like the plague when they heard he actually played a character other than Gilmore or Billy Madison, etc. They missed out on a truly good movie.

3rd choice: Jennifer Lopez. Started out strong with a great performance in Out of Sight then she tanked.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
This could take awhile...

Ben Affleck
George Clooney
Jennifer Lopez
Richard Gere
Renee Zellwegger
Adam Sandler
Catherine Zeta-Jones
Meg Ryan
Kevin Costner
Julia Roberts
Halle Berry
Anna Paquin
Penelope Cruz
Jennifer Love Hewitt
David Schwimmer
Franka Potente
Roberto Benigni
Uma Thurman

:angry: :D

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Warren Beaty
Julia Roberts
Ashton Kutcher
Hillary Duff
Jennifer Lopez
Phil Collins (he's actually a pretty good actor, and I loved his performance in "Buster" but I guess I still haven't forgiven him for wrecking Genesis :p) If Tony Banks started acting too, I'd probably feel the same way about him.)

Richard_D_Ramirez

Second Unit
- Sylvester Stallone: The guy is actually witty, articulate, and intelligent offscreen, but his screen IQ goes the way of Forrest Gump. "Your boy is..... different."

- Brad Pitt's "finger acting": It was effective in 12 Monkeys, but I now see it in most of his other films.

- Denise Richards: A fallen log can act better than her. I swear, the only reason she's onscreen is because of her two friends.

- Singers who think they can act but can't: Whitney, Britney, Mandy, Mariah, Kelly and Justin, Jennifer (Lopez and Love-Hewitt). Just stick ta singin'.

- Wrestlers who think they can act but can't: Rock, Roddy, Hogan, Jesse. Just stick ta wras'lin'. Ok, Jesse was decent.

Actually, I tend to like the films the following actors and actresses have starred in; It's their offscreen presence which annoys me:

- Julia Roberts: For some reason, Mr. Ed comes to mind whenever I see her on TV. Maybe it's the teeth and lip movement. They laugh the same too...

- Colin Farrell: I'm sorry, cursing every third word does not make him "cool" or "tough". It makes him immature and insecure.

- Russell Crowe: The guy's just a plain thug, but why does he have to make such fine films?

Ok, I'm in a grumpy mood this afternoon, and this is the perfect thread for me to vent. :D

8^B

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Brabra(lol) Streisand. Alec(I'm leaving the country) Baldwin,Susan Saranwrap, Tim Robbins,Martin Sheen,Ed Harris, Jessica Lange,George Clooney, etc... I refuse to watch or purchase any of their movies.

KyleK

Second Unit
Sandra Bullock
Halle Berry
Minnie Driver
Hugh Grant
Richard Gere
Cameron Diaz
Drew Barrymore
Julia Roberts
Adam Sandler
Jennifer Lopez
Matt Damon
Val Kilmer
Barbara Streisand
Martin Lawrence
Owen Wilson
Helen Hunt

Bruce Campbell used to bother me, then I saw the Evil Dead movies and realized that he was SUPPOSED to be goofy!

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
Marlon Brando.....what the hell is he saying anyway?!?!?!

P.S. Richard_D_Ramirez NICE SIG!!

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
I can't stand:
Julia Roberts (but Brockovich was pretty good)
Russell Crowe (just because everybody rides his nut sack)
Sara Jessica Parker
Every body in the new star wars movies except Samuel and Obi Wan.

I hate:
Jennifer Lopez (Out of sight was cool but when she tried to be a singer, I lost all respect for her)
Sandra Bullock
Ben Affleck

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
Hugh Grant - somebody give him some shampoo, please!

Richard Gere - has fewer facial expressions than David Duchovny.

Heather Locklear - not funny, not sexy, cannot figure why she's so popular

Renee Zellweger - Just holds no appeal for me at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks