Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

HELP!! Am i expecting too much?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Josh Stevens

Josh Stevens

Auditioning

• 10 posts

Posted August 06 2003 - 01:40 PM

I setup my new HP VP6110 last night and had some issues with it, below is a copy of the e-mail i sent HP support, am i expecting too much from the projector (it is the entry level costing around $1200-$1400US). I thought i would post it here as chances are you guys will give me a more honest response, cheers "To HP Projector Support, I have got the projector and set it up and was wondering if you could help me with some questions, i have attached a little jpeg i drew to help illustrate, The projector is currently projecting as pictured in figure A, however i need it to project as pictured in figure B, to get this I currently have to jack up the arse end with a book, i.e. figure D. Is there any way to change or adjust this as it means i have to sit the projector at nearly knee level to project onto a screen at eye level. Most projectors i have used project like figure B and only like figure A when set to ceiling mounting mode. If it cant is it ok to run the projector on the angle pictured in Figure D? And also i noticed no screen adjustments like those pictured in figure C, is there some hidden menu for these as they are pretty standard i thought (or from experience with other projectors). I have also noticed the screen seems slightly angled, i tried keystone correction but the left side seems dead straight while the right is slightly askew (as per figure E) Also I am a bit disappointed with the picture quality, i was expecting a little better for a 1500 ansi lumen, 2000:1 contrast ratio dlp projector, I tested it with shrek and black hawk down last night and there seemed to be a lot meshing/melding of colours and a lack of definition (i.e. lava scene in shrek when shrek and donkey cross the bridge all the lava just looks orange without much detail) I have it hooked up using RCA video in, is this lack of definition due to the RCA or is the picture just not that good. I also noticed in black hawk down action scenes or times when there is a lot of movement it blurs movement (like a ripped movie on PC). As i am used to watching these movies on my sony trinitron tv it is quiet annoying as the trinitron handles them perfrectly. Even when i decrease the size of the picture projected it still occurs. When the picture is set at full screen you can see the pixels on the screen, which when there is text or subtitles creates a blocky affect. I also tried it withe a PC plugged in and at 800x600 and 1024x768 text was blocky and shadowy even on small screen (100cm) Your ideas/assistace with this would be appreciated. Cheers, josh" Am i just expecting too much? Will the component cable make a difference over the RCA? Should the PC text be blocky and shadowy? sorry for the long post but am a bit frustrated, thanks,

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Josh Stevens

Josh Stevens

Auditioning

• 10 posts

Posted August 07 2003 - 04:50 PM

anyone..?

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph

Lead Actor

• 8,341 posts

Posted August 07 2003 - 11:54 PM

[quote] I have also noticed the screen seems slightly angled, i tried keystone correction but the left side seems dead straight while the right is slightly askew (as per figure E) [quote]
When using keystone correction, if one side of the screen is angled and the other straight, then you probably have to move the projector (turn it) with respect to the front wall to fix that. Also, try to hook up s-video at a minimum, component video would be better, and eventually, get yourself a calibration disk like Digital Video Essentials, or AVIA. You can use either one of these to do proper calibration setup of your projector.
Click and enter " T H E . H O L O D E C K "
---------------------------------------------------------
My Home Theatre "The Holodeck"

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   John Warner

John Warner

Extra

• 15 posts

Posted August 08 2003 - 09:28 AM

typically hp isnt too highly regarded when it comes to projecters> the same goes with toshiba> though im talking about the price range you have mentioned< ie> one thousand to two thousand> in addition< if hps projecters are the same design as their computers in the sense that it is highly propietary in certain aspects when it comes to changing things< upgrading< or repairing< you may try to upgrade that projecter asap or possibly find another one comprable in that pricerange< i would recomend a decent infocus<> to my knowledge on certain projecters they have some rebates going up to one grand>

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Josh Stevens

Josh Stevens

Auditioning

• 10 posts

Posted August 11 2003 - 11:01 AM

yeh i compared it with the X1 and it had better specifications and having seen the X1 in action i would say that the HP has a better picture.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users