What's new

What's Happening!!! Season One (1 Viewer)

Matt.Koz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt Kozlowski
I ordered this from Time Life but just wanted to see if anyone else here has gotten this and can speak to quality, etc.?

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I saw the commercial about 3 days ago for this set on TV and was surprised that it wasn't available in stores. The clips they showed from the ad looked and sounded above average.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I have never seen this show with much better than "average" picture quality. The UPN station here shows it and their masters are just okay.

The show originated on videotape.

Chuck West

Stunt Coordinator
I'm surprised Time Life is releasing this in season sets, instead of single DVDs with 2-4 episodes on each disc. I remember them doing that with Sanford & Son.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Hey, why don't you people advertise these things? I didn't even dream these were coming! I must have them! But, I would like some more information first. If Time Life had Sanford and Son first, are they tied to Columbia/Tri-Star? Any chance C/TS will put these out in stores after Time Life's exclusive window expires?

Backordered? Oh, no.

Seven episodes per disc is packing it a little tightly, but I suppose that's no different from Sanford and the Jeffersons.

The price could be lower, but it's not much higher than what Amazon charges for the Sanford sets. I bet it could be had cheaper, though, if it weren't exclusive to Time Life. Am I getting too spoiled to see $30 as too high for an entire season on three discs?

Anyway, it's incredible that this is out. It's getting real close to where every TV show I want will be available. Besides those out or announced, the only ones I really need are: Airwolf, A-Team, Leave It to Beaver, and the Brady Bunch. Those all strike me as prime candidates for DVD releases. It's only a matter of time.

Wow. Only three seasons. This would be easy to collect. Can't wait for season 2 and the Doobie Brothers! "Which Doobie you be?" :laugh:

The more this sinks in, the more I'm losing my reservations. This is just fantastic! They're going to get two sales per season from me. My sister thought Three's Company would be her first TV on DVD next year, but this'll be a nice surprise. We really loved this show growing up.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Sanford & Son was done by Columbia House, who have really missed the boat on TV-on-DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks