Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Peacekeepers on USA

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   David Singleton

David Singleton

Stunt Coordinator

• 72 posts

Posted August 05 2003 - 04:15 AM

Has anyone caught the pilot episode of Peacekeepers on the USA network? If not, you couldn't have watched USA for at least the past week. Posted Image

While very much a copycat of CSI, the western genre has always had a special charm for me. The pilot episode had a fair story and Berenger makes for a good cowboy. The Pinkerton agent still has to grow on me a little more, but I think he may be okay.

If they could have guest appearances by Tom Selleck and Sam Elliot down the line, I'd be real happy. Those two are two of today's best western actors.

Other opinions welcome. Posted Image

David

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted August 05 2003 - 05:02 AM

I enjoyed it. I didn't really think of it as a Western, more as a period mystery, and it worked well enough on that level.
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Garrett Adams

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor

• 931 posts

Posted August 05 2003 - 10:44 AM

Quote:
If they could have guest appearances by Tom Selleck and Sam Elliot down the line, I'd be real happy. Those two are two of today's best western actors.

That being the case I bet you were in pig heaven over The Shadow Riders and The Sacketts.

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   David Singleton

David Singleton

Stunt Coordinator

• 72 posts

Posted August 05 2003 - 01:00 PM

Absolutely. I have Trimark's Shadow Riders disk and just picked up The Quick and the Dead with Sam Elliot (not the Sharon Stone and Gene Hackman movie). I just wish The Sacketts and Conagher would both come out.

I agree Jason. I thought it did work well enough as a period mystery, at least the pilot, without having to rely on any "western charm." It just had that going for it, too.

David

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Carlos Mendoza

Carlos Mendoza

Stunt Coordinator

• 142 posts

Posted August 06 2003 - 03:54 AM

I liked it, but didn't get much of a "Western" feel from it. While I can't put my finger on it, some of the dialogue seems anachronistic and inappropriate for that time period.

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Ryan_C

Ryan_C

Second Unit

• 375 posts

Posted August 06 2003 - 12:54 PM

I watched it with my mom last week, and it was pretty good show. I will be watching it again for the next few eps anyway, if I am here and bored.
Youth would be an ideal state if it came much later in life.

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   David Singleton

David Singleton

Stunt Coordinator

• 72 posts

Posted August 08 2003 - 12:43 AM

D'oh!

Having just watched the second show, I realize the show is titled "Peacemakers."

Woops.

It also has a Wild, Wild West feel to it as well.

David