Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Futuruma with 2 Benders - who's seen it?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas

Screenwriter

• 2,044 posts

Posted August 05 2003 - 02:47 AM

Yesterday the good old Tivo caught an episode of Futurama I haven't seen before. It was on TBS at 1pm I think. Anyways the story involved the characters going to "Pastorama" which was a 20th Century amusement park. There they met another bending unit, I think his name was Folder, and he was just like Bender but with a small beard. It was a great episode. How did I miss this episode? I rarely missed them on Fox, and I am pretty certain I saw them all during the run on Cartoon Network. I kept a close eye out to see if any came on I hadn't seen before, and yet this one slipped by me twice? Anybody know what season this was in originally?

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Jeff*S*C*

Jeff*S*C*

Second Unit

• 290 posts

Posted August 05 2003 - 04:23 AM

Yeah, a good episode from season 2. His twin's name is Flexo. I hate to say this but if this is the first time you've seen Flexo then you've also missed "Bendless Love" from season 3 that Flexo returned in.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas

Screenwriter

• 2,044 posts

Posted August 05 2003 - 04:26 AM

That's just so weird. I'll have to reset my season pass and keep a much closer eye on this. Man I can't wait for all the DVDs to come out.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland

Screenwriter

• 2,059 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted August 05 2003 - 09:46 AM

Great episode... the parody of Star Trek was delish... The one in this past season had various "evil/good characters," right? I seem to remember intellegent Fry and sex-machine Leela

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas

Screenwriter

• 2,044 posts

Posted August 05 2003 - 10:55 AM

If that was the one with alternative universes, then it wasn't really the same Flexo, was it? In the one I just saw Flexo was just another bending unit, it just so happens his serial number, like Bender's, could be expressed by the sum of two cubes. Man that's a weird coincidence.Posted Image Beyond that there was no other connection between the two.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Brian Kaz

Brian Kaz

Second Unit

• 313 posts

Posted August 05 2003 - 02:03 PM

I believe he's talking about the episode where Bender goes to work for a bending factory. Flexo works there along with an ex-flame. Bender dates the ex-flame and diguises himself as Flexo to see if she still has feelings for him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users