What's new

News item: Nintendo... (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
6 million units in warehouses, which equals their worldwide sales. Not a good story. I severely doubt they're going to double their installed base 2 years before the console is due for replacement

Trevor_J

Second Unit
Even at 9 million in sales, with 6 million units sitting in warehouses it doesn't look very good.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Even at 9 million in sales, with 6 million units sitting in warehouses it doesn't look very good.
..and my comment wasn't made to imply otherwise nor was it to agree or disagree with what said link above reported.

I honestly don't care to see this turn into yet another "Nintendo is teh doomed" thread (no doubt it will eventually). I was simply correcting the usual misinformation that ends up being thrown about in these sales thread.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Well, it could be a very nice warehouse for all we know. Nice orderly stacks of palletized boxes, manicured floors that shine like marble. ;)

Seriously though, think of the time of year. Summer is the dog days of console sales. It's not a bad idea to sit on your product and stockpile for the quickly approaching Christmas selling season. They'll need a bunch in reserve when they drop the price to $99-$129.

Trevor_J

Second Unit
..and my comment wasn't made to imply otherwise nor was it to agree or disagree with what said link above reported.
...and my comment wasn't made to challenge your correction. I was merely stating that even with the corrected numbers things don't look good. I'm a GC owner and I would very much like to see the GC do better as that would mean more games for me to enjoy.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm...I wouldn't want to be a GC. No offense to Nintendo or anything but Gamecube has a small disc. ;)

Trevor_J

Second Unit
lol, ok guys, that's what I get for not proof reading my posts:b

What I *meant* to say is I'm a GC owner :D

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
As the Nintendo defenders keep ignoring, Nintendo's overall profits have nothing to do with the success of the GameCube

The Cube itself is bombing, and this late in the game that's unlikely to change, even if they cut it to $9.99. For a company with 2 arms (and revenue streams) it may be time to cut off the diseased arm to save the body

Neil M

Stunt Coordinator
As the Nintendo defenders keep ignoring, Nintendo's overall profits have nothing to do with the success of the GameCube
Correct. It has to do with the success of the company. And as long as they are successful, they will continue to make home console system. It is ridiculous to say that Nintendo is in bad shape when Microsoft is really in the same position...profitable in some areas and nonprofitable in others. They even have similar console sales. Sony has had an early start and thus a larger user base so it was obvious they would be in the position they are in. It's amazing that the market can even support three systems. People need to stop worrying about Nintendo and just play the damn games!!! If you have to worry about Nintendo, then you might as well worry about Microsoft and Sony as well because they could be out of the video game market tomorrow too. No company is ever safe and they have to continually change what they do in order to survive.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Of the 3 console makers, I'd say that right now, MS is probably making the least in terms of profits from their games division, yet they're not in as much danger as Nintendo? Explain that to me, please.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I'd say that right now, MS is probably making the least in terms of profits from their games division, yet they're not in as much danger as Nintendo?
They grew to their current position, but Nintendo declined to their current position.

The secret word for today is trend.

It's as simple as that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks