What's new

Any HTFer's getting Ghost Recon: Island Thunder? (1 Viewer)

Steve Blair

Second Unit
Ok, are you guys done with KOTOR yet?!?!? :) I'm getting this game Wednesday and was wondering if you guys are gonna be on live? See you there....

Steve

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
You bet your @$$ I'm getting it Steve.

But not until this weekend. Then we can get some good GR:IT games going.

Steve Blair

Second Unit
Great, I was hoping you'd get it Chris :) It'll be good to play on the "ruffneck server" again. We need Rainmaykr and Grooving to buy it and our old Wolfestein team will be complete. Looking forward to seeing you on live this weekend.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Contemplating it. At $30, it would have been an almost certain buy. At $40, and with the d/l content not coming till "next year" allegedly, I'm not so sure. May wait till next week to see if anywhere does it for cheaper.

Bryan_ZZ

Stunt Coordinator
I ordered it from EB yesterday - with free one day shipping. Can't wait to play! Chris, so glad you are buying it, because I was going to get it for you. Now I don't have to!

See you ghosts online,

Bryan

PS: How many copies of GR:IT do you have to sell to get it free? ;)

Joel Hurley

Stunt Coordinator
-I Haven't seen a review for this yet, is it any better than the first. I could not play the first as I found it was near impossible to see anything in the distance. My experience went something like this, Spawn, snipe, snipe, panic, spin around, snipe, snipe, more panic, strain eyes trying to locate sniper,... DEAD! Yeah, a bit frustrating. I've played many shooting/squad games and this was by far the most difficult to play based solely on the poor graphics. But since I know many of you had a lot of fun with GR I hope they've made it a bit more playable. Do you guys feel the graphics are poor as well, or it it just my perception of this game?

Bryan_ZZ

Stunt Coordinator
Joel,

My experience was totally different than yours. I think the graphics are fine for the type of game and for online play. Maybe your gameplay experience negatively altered your perception of the game? Did you unlock any of the better weapons - that can make a big difference also.

Have you played with HTF groups before? I would be more than happy to meet up with you online in either version to walk through the game and go over some tips / strategies. Not that I am any kind of expert, I just thoroughly enjoyed the game and played it almost nightly for months.
I know some of these other guys and gals would probably meet up with us for an hour or two one night this week to "knock the rust off"... Maybe you could rent Island Thunder as well - that will be getting more HTF gameplay right now than the original.

Anyway, give it another try and hope to see you online soon!

Bryan

Andy Anderson

Second Unit
You guys made my day. I knew Island Thunder was being released some time, but I had no idea it was so soon! I'll definitely be picking this up, and of course, cappin' all y'all. :)

Chris Hopper

Agent
Can I get in on some of the HTF games? I have such a hard time finding games online. I just beat Ghost Recon today! 50/50 Dossier wohoo! I searched all over my stupid little city today for Island Thunder today. Hopefully I will have better luck tomorrow. My gamertag is cthopper by the way.

David Glenn

Second Unit
I'm down for some GRIT.

Ok HTF XBLer's , get off your KOTOR arses and dust off those headsets. It's time for some new GR fun.

Christopher Cheadle

Stunt Coordinator
I am definitely getting it while I am on my vacation starting this weeked. I've been playing the original a lot over the past couple of weeks in preparation.

Can't wait to get in to some HTF games again.

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
This is gonna be awesome. Can't wait to start playing with you guys again.

As a side note: I get paid on the 10th, which is a Sunday. If my check gets here on Saturday, I'll be out the door buying GR:IT that day. If it doesn't come on Saturday, that means I'll be on Tuesday night.

I sure as hell hope it comes on Saturday!

James D S

Screenwriter
Steve,

I just got the call from Gamestop that my copy has arrived. Expect me on this weekend. See you then.

Bryan_ZZ

Stunt Coordinator
I just played one campaign mission and one quick mission.

Looks great, just like GR did. It is nice to have fresh maps and tactics. Live showed me a TON of joinable matches, so that little GR "flaw" looks to be fixed. Hurry up and get it - see you online tonight!

David Glenn

Second Unit
Just picked it up. I paid the full retail ($39.99) but there was no coupon for the $10 rebate for owners of the original GR. How do we get the rebate?

I checked the forums at ubi but no info yet:

http://forums.ubi.com/messages/messa...nsole&id=zzdzy

I just called them (914-460-9778) and the rep said he had no info on the rebate but will ask his boss when he gets back from lunch. He said they will post rebate info on their FAQ section of their site:

http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...er/std_alp.php

WTF??? - piss poor communications regarding this rebate. Maybe it was just part of the OXM rumor/hype machine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks