-

Photo
- - - - -

The Home Theater Forum Drinking Game

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
60 replies to this topic

#1 of 61 OFFLINE   Brad Porter

Brad Porter

Screenwriter

• 1,757 posts

Posted August 02 2003 - 06:56 PM

Everybody add one or more rules to the drinking* game!

Rule #1: When you see a post discussing Lawrence of Arabia, take a drink for every post that gets into the thread before Rob Tomlin responds. This rule also applies for 2001: A Space Oddyssey and Jack Briggs, "anything related to Joss Whedon" and Jeff Kleist, and Amelie and Steeve Bergeron.

Rule #2: When you see Rain's nostril, take a drink (NOT from the nostril!)

Rule #3: When you visit the "Movies" forum and you see that the "Official Star Wars Saga Discussion Thread" is still on the front page, take two drinks.

Rule #4: When a thread gets locked in After Hours, pour one on the ground for your homies. Posted Image

Rule #5: When you see Ron-P hoisting a cold one, you must chug.

What else you got?

Brad

*Uhhh, please drink responsibly and don't operate a motor vehicle and all that other stuff that must be said so that you can't blame myself or the forum if you do something stupid while inebriated.
We apologise for the unnecessary truncation and lack of formatting control in the signature. Those responsible should be sacked.

Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

#2 of 61 OFFLINE   Rain

Rain

Producer

• 5,020 posts

Posted August 02 2003 - 06:58 PM

Quote:
When you see Rain's nostril, take a drink
I'm going to have to drink every time I close one eye.

I'm on it.

BTW, in Nostril News, I pierced one of them recently.

"Imagine all the people, living life in peace..." - Imagine by John Lennon

#3 of 61 OFFLINE   Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg

Lead Actor

• 7,482 posts

Posted August 02 2003 - 08:06 PM

Rule #6: Take a drink every time I refuse to respond when someone trashes "movie critics" when a flick they love gets thrashed by the press.

Rule #7: Take a drink every time someone is compelled to use the meaningless acronym "IMO" in their post in an effort to avoid an angry response.

Rule #8: Take a drink every time someone makes fun of Gigli.

Rule #9: Take a drink when someone uses the words "Michael Bay" and "spawn of Satan" in the same sentence. (Including this one.)

Rule #10: Take a drink every time someone drools over Jennifer Connelly, Monica Bellucci or Eliza Dushku.

#4 of 61 OFFLINE   Rob Tomlin

Rob Tomlin

Producer

• 4,507 posts

Posted August 03 2003 - 12:31 PM

Quote:
Rule #1: When you see a post discussing Lawrence of Arabia, take a drink for every post that gets into the thread before Rob Tomlin responds.

You a funny guy!

Hey, I'll drink to that.

For ordinary men, it's a burning, fiery furnace.

#5 of 61 OFFLINE   george kaplan

george kaplan

Executive Producer

• 13,064 posts

Posted August 03 2003 - 01:43 PM

Rule #11 - Take a drink everytime someone gets offended by one of my opinions about a film
"Movies should be like amusement parks. People should go to them to have fun." - Billy Wilder

"Subtitles good. Hollywood bad." - Tarzan, Sight & Sound 2012 voter.

"My films are not slices of life, they are pieces of cake." - Alfred Hitchcock"My great humility is just one of the many reasons that I...

#6 of 61 OFFLINE   Mike Hutman

Mike Hutman

Supporting Actor

• 895 posts

Posted August 03 2003 - 01:55 PM

Rule #12:Take a drink every time someone ask if the original Star Wars trilogy on e-bay is real or a bootleg.

Rule #13:Take a drink every time Steve Gon starts some kind of silly tournament Posted Image

#7 of 61 OFFLINE   John Kilduff

John Kilduff

Screenwriter

• 1,662 posts

Posted August 03 2003 - 02:02 PM

Rule #14: Take a drink every time I express my preference of 80s babes over modern babes.

Rules #15: Take a drink every time you see me put something after my name.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Ratchet it down the gullet right now (You could get Blotto on me)
Forget the Rewind. If you want real retro action, go to http://www.retrojunk.com.

Proud member of the American Film Institute and a Wal-Mart employee (Yes, you can be both).

From Michelle Pfeiffer to Daryl Hannah and all points in-between, I love 80s women. Don't believe me? Scope out this link: htt.....

#8 of 61 OFFLINE   Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch

Screenwriter

• 2,156 posts

Posted August 03 2003 - 02:04 PM

Rule #16: Take a drink whenever I make a big scene out of voting against 2001: A Space Oddysey in a tourney.
"Old theatres are irreplaceable. They could never be duplicated at today's costs - but more importantly, their spirit could not be duplicated because they remind us of a day when going to the show was a more glorious and escapist experience. I think a town's old theatres are the sanctuary of...

#9 of 61 OFFLINE   Rob Tomlin

Rob Tomlin

Producer

• 4,507 posts

Posted August 03 2003 - 02:57 PM

Quote:
Rule #11 - Take a drink everytime someone gets offended by one of my opinions about a film

George wins!

No other rule will get as many people drunk as fast as this one!

Posted Image

For ordinary men, it's a burning, fiery furnace.

#10 of 61 OFFLINE   Kevin Leonard

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor

• 922 posts

Posted August 03 2003 - 03:17 PM

Rule #17: Take a drink when you see a thread talking about missing inserts.

Rule #18: Take a drink when you see a thread started by John Williamson ending in an exclamation point!
I like shiny things. | 2002 Film List | Best & Worst of 2002 | 2003 Film List | 2004 Film List

'I'm sucking up juice from the generator!' - Brian Eno, "I Fall Up"
AIM: KevinLeonard81 (because SexGod9451860 was already taken)
ICQ: 55259446 (or just search for "John Shaft"...can you dig?)

#11 of 61 OFFLINE   Brad Porter

Brad Porter

Screenwriter

• 1,757 posts

Posted August 03 2003 - 03:32 PM

Rule #19 When you see someone playing amateur moderator by posting that a thread belongs in a different area of the forum, take three drinks.

Rule #20 When somebody says "Use the search function." Take one long drink.

Rule #21 When a studio pisses you off by offering only full frame or pan-n-scan transfers of widescreen content, take one drink for every letter in their name.

Rule #22 If you commit to a double dip purchase, chug.

Brad
We apologise for the unnecessary truncation and lack of formatting control in the signature. Those responsible should be sacked.

Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

#12 of 61 OFFLINE   Tony-B

Tony-B

Producer

• 3,768 posts

Posted August 03 2003 - 05:00 PM

Rule #23: Whenever someone posts a picture of a woman in testy, take a drink!

Rule #24 (Could be added to Rule #12): Whenever someone asks when the original trilogy of Star Wars is coming out on DVD, take two drinks!

Rule #25: When someone says that the cover art for a certain DVD sucks, take three drinks.

Rule #26: Whenever you see a thread about a cracked SACD disc in the music section, take two drinks.

Rule #27: Take a drink when someone asks about messenger serivce pop up windows in the computer section.

Rule #28: Whenever Jeff Kleist makes reference to "The Lion King" being a rip off of "Kimba The White Lion", take four drinks!

Rule #29: Have a swig for every single rule on this list! Posted Image

Quote:
BTW, in Nostril News, I pierced one of them recently.
Well, you better update the signature! Posted Image
DVD Collection/Video Game Collection/Music Collection
"The Weighted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you." -GLaDOS

#13 of 61 OFFLINE   Chris Moe

Chris Moe

Screenwriter

• 1,087 posts

Posted August 04 2003 - 02:14 AM

Rule #30: Take a drink whenever someone complains about the lack of DTS.

Rule #31: Take a drink whenever a newbie asks about BOSE.

Rule #32: Take a drink whenever someone posts about which cable is best:

Rule #33: Take a drink whenever someone asks "16X9 or 4X3?"

Rule #34: Take a drink whenever someone asks "DLP or LCD?" (Toast the person who suggests CRT Posted Image )

Rule #35: Take a drink whenever someone posts that Laserdiscs sound better than DVDs.

#14 of 61 OFFLINE   Simon_Lepine

Simon_Lepine

Supporting Actor

• 601 posts

Posted August 04 2003 - 02:23 AM

Rule #35: Take a drink whenever someone complains about edge enhancement on a transfer

Rule #36: Take a drink whenever someone says :'Damn (insert random studio), can't the get anything right?'

Rule #37: Take a drink whenever someone says :'No Sale' in a DVD thread.

#15 of 61 OFFLINE   Chris Moe

Chris Moe

Screenwriter

• 1,087 posts

Posted August 04 2003 - 03:40 AM

Rule #38: Take a drink whenever you see the term "Joe Six Pack"

#16 of 61 OFFLINE   Hunter P

Hunter P

Screenwriter

• 1,483 posts

Posted August 04 2003 - 05:50 AM

Rule #39: Take a drink whenever someone ruins the fun on a "funny" thread by turning it into a discussion on sensitivity (P/C), morality, religion, politics, etc.

Rule #40: If #39 leads to thread closure in less than five more posts then you must chug.

Rule #41: Take a drink whenever someone posts about how the movie sucks on a movie appreciation thread.

Rule #42: Take a drink whenever a thread is resurrected after more than a year.
GIR, UNLEASH THE MONKEY!
MONKEY!
"I am the Doctor of Death, and I have come to cure you of your life." --Endless Mike, The Adventures of Pete and Pete

#17 of 61 OFFLINE   Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers

Producer

• 3,481 posts

Posted August 04 2003 - 08:39 AM

Rule #43: Take a drink whenvever someone complains about 'floating head' DVD Covers.
Top 10 Film Lists: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
Film Lists: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005

#18 of 61 OFFLINE   Holadem

Holadem

Lead Actor

• 8,972 posts

Posted August 04 2003 - 08:59 AM

Rule #44: Take a drink whenever someone bitches in the Movies forum about all the crap hollywood is churning out nowadays and how everything was so much better 20+ years ago.

Rule #45: Take a drink whenever someone bitches in the Movies forum about how terrible movie audiences have become, why they don't bother to go to the movies anymore, and why their HTs are so much better.

Rule #46: Take a drink whenever someone bitches about the Academy in the Academy thread.

Rule #47: Take a drink whenever someone bitches in the Music forum about all the crap that the record industry is churning out nowadays and how everything was so much better 20+ years ago.

Rule #48: Take a drink whenever someone in After Hours Lounge tries to publicly offset their abysmal self-esteem by making sweeping statements such as "most people are stupid/sheep", "most people cannot drive/park/think/whatever".

Rule #49: Take a drink whenever someone says "teenagers are stupid".

Rule #50: Take a drink whenever someone feels the need to justify their dislike of a classic with disclaimers such as "Don't get me wrong, I LIKED Citizen Kane and 8 1/2" in order to avoid the impending onslaught from the "It's a CLASSIC, if you don't like it, you MUST be a dumbass pimple-faced 15 year old with MTV-induced ADD" crowd.

--
Holadem

#19 of 61 OFFLINE   Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers

Producer

• 3,481 posts

Posted August 04 2003 - 09:11 AM

Had a few things to get off the chest, Holadem? Posted Image
Top 10 Film Lists: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
Film Lists: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005

#20 of 61 OFFLINE   Eric_E

Eric_E

Supporting Actor

• 512 posts

Posted August 04 2003 - 11:11 AM

Rule #51: Take three drinks for every "IBTL."

Rule #52: Take a drink whenever someone asks whether 12-gauge lamp cord from Home Depot is okay for use as speaker wire.

Back to Director Checklists

Forum Nav Content I Follow