Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

choosing between 2 different surround speakers

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Mike Mundt

Mike Mundt

Stunt Coordinator

• 64 posts

Posted August 02 2003 - 11:52 AM

ok, first of all i just wanna say i dont believe in everything that THX suggests but with that said they do suggest using dipole or bipole speakers as your surrounds in a Dolby EX/DTS ES 7.1 system. Now i'm not ready to have a 7.1 setup right now, because I just dont have the room. But i figure when i buy my new surrounds, i want to be ready for a 7.1 setup. originally I was going to buy the Def Tech BP2006TL's for my surrounds. (I currently have 2 BP2006TL's as my fronts and the CLR2300 as my center channel). After looking, alot of articles and THX seem to suggest using bipole/dipole speakers for the surrounds. Though the BP2006TL's are bipolar, the arrangement of the speakers is not the way the articles suggest. (for those who dont know, BP2006TL's have one arrangement of drivers firing forward, while the other reflect off the back wall). The show a diagram of the ones that have each arrangement of drivers pointing at 45 degree angles to the left and right. Well the speakers ment to match my current fronts are the BP2X surrounds. And they are bipolar the way that THX and other articles suggest. can anyone give me any advise, or pros or cons as to go with BP2006TL's for surrounds, or BP2X for surrounds. *note the advantage to the BP2006TL's is the full range capability while the BP2X's reach down to 45Hz. Please help, im planning to go pick either one of the two up tomorrow and i really need some last minute advice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users