-

Photo
- - - - -

hooking CD player up to another stereo....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 Keith_R

Keith_R

Screenwriter

• 1,179 posts

Posted July 31 2003 - 07:28 AM

Hey all, this should be a fairly easy question to answer. I believe the answer is yes but wanted to check here first,

basically the situation is that my equipment space in my HT is limited and I plan on buying another piece of equipment and swapping something out to make room for my new equipment. As it stands now I'd like to swap my 5 disc CD changer out to put the new equipment in. I'm thinking that I'll move the 5 disc changer to my bedroom where I have a cheap Aiwa stereo.

What I'd like to do is hook the CD changer up to the Aiwa stereo through the Aux inputs on the back of the stereo unit. I believe this can be done through red and white RCA jacks, like how my MP3 player hooks up to it already,but I'm not sure. Am I correct in assuming this? can it be done?

I know it won't sound nearly as good on the Aiwa stereo as it does in my HT but I don't really use music in my HT as much as in the bedroom and I have both a DVD player and a X-Box that can do CD's if the need be. What do ya'll think? can it be done? thanks.
-Keith-       

#2 of 2 ChuckSolo

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter

• 1,160 posts

Posted July 31 2003 - 07:35 AM

The connection you mentioned is fine. AUX is just an extra input, no different from the others. You are basically limited to how many "red/white" inputs you have on the back of the Aiwa unit. If you run out of inputs, you can go to an A/B switch that can toggle between two components. You cannot, of course, plug a CD, DVD player, or tape unit into an input labeled PHONO.