-

Photo

Toshiba Universal Remote Control Codes?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 DeathStar1

DeathStar1

Producer

• 3,291 posts

Posted July 31 2003 - 06:19 AM

Wasn't sure where to place this, but I bought a new Toshiba DVD/VCR combo and I need to program my universal remote.

If anyone can help with the code numbers, most appreacited.

#2 of 4 Dave Gilbert

Dave Gilbert

Second Unit

• 327 posts

Posted July 31 2003 - 07:54 AM

Try searching the Tweaking, Connection and Accessories forum (which is where this should be posted, BTW)

As for codes, it depends on what type of universal remote you have. You can try http://www.remotecentral.com or, if you have a RadioShack/OFA remote, here.

#3 of 4 Brian McHale

Brian McHale

Supporting Actor

• 509 posts

Posted July 31 2003 - 08:40 AM

I also just bought a Toshiba combo unit (SD-390DV). I found that most of the codes already programmed into my Radio Shack remote worked for the DVD player, but I couldn't get any of the VCR codes to work. I just "taught" the few VCR codes I use and the couple of DVD codes that didn't work.

Here is a site that has the advanced codes for the Cinema 7 and RS remotes: Remote codes
Brian

#4 of 4 DeathStar1

DeathStar1

Producer

• 3,291 posts

Posted July 31 2003 - 09:21 AM

How do you teach it to work? The File that I found online for my remote didn't have a listing for a toshiba DVd/VCR combo, but it did for half a dozen other brands, and I wonder if that means something?

If not, what's a new Sony Remote that supports these toshiba Combo's? My current Remote RMV401 and it's a sort of thinned rectangle shape. FAt at the bottom with the battery pack, and getting slimmer and thinner as it goes to the top..

Thanks