What's new

All the neat HT crap I bought! (1 Viewer)

Shane Morales

Second Unit
Just tootin' my horn cause I'm all excited. This is my first HT. The goods:

Samsung 56" DLP
Denon AVR3803
Monster HT2600 power thingie
Mirage OM7 fronts
Mirage OM center
Mirage OM surrounds
SV 20-39PCi sub (oh boy!)

bluejeancables.com-
3 x Component Video Cables, Belden 1694A, 4 foot
2 x Digital Audio Cable, Belden 1694A, 3 foot
Subwoofer Cable, Canare LV-77S, 12 foot
RF Cable, Belden 1505A, 12 foot

partsexpress.com-
100' Sound King 12g speaker wire
50' Neon blue techflex sleeving (just because)
10 Dayton Audio compression banana plugs (091-330)

I still have to buy a Samsung DVD (DVI) and a DVI cable. I'll be using an old Panasonic non-progressive DVD player until then.

Now the waiting begins.

Thanks to this forum and the keen folks on it I ended up saving over $2000 compared to what I was going to originally buy. Thank you!

David Preston

Supporting Actor
Congratulations on your purchase. Welcome to the never ending hobby of HT. You won't regret it. You HT will always be there for you. How long untill it all gets there and gets hooked up?

Shane Morales

Second Unit
It's all been trickling in, but the last bit (the TV and tv stand) will be in August 15th. I'll wire it all up and if there's no problems I'll be watching my first movie on it August 16th.

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
Shane,

Really impressive selection! How fortunate you cud acquire a fairly advanced-level system in one swoop.

You've got the surge/power center; the sensible industrial-level cables and wiring; even the brand new Samsung DLP 56-model. Where'd you see it? (I want this size, too).

Aree you getting the model stand...cuz I wonder where the center spkr will rest for some of us with fatter CCs.

bill

Shane Morales

Second Unit
Bill,

I haven't actually seen the TV yet - it doesn't come out till August 15th - but I've seen older Samsung DLP tvs, plus a few other companies' DLPs. What really sold me on DLP was no burn in for video games, much thinner than standard RPTVs, and the picture looked great.

No model stand - I'm getting a triple from http://www.salamanderdesigns.com/syn/triples.jsp. Tweeter sells them. My CC still won't fit in that, though. I'm going to have to put it on the wall above the TV.

Alex-F-V

Stunt Coordinator
Man I wish I could have that kind of "crap"!!!!
But I just ordered a samsung dlp 43" and My take 5.2 and sub system is on its way(damn back order sucks) and a denon avr 1603(cheap 200 bucks)!!

Awesome setup dude.

Shane Morales

Second Unit
well, I didn't mean crap as in 'bad poo on my shoe', but as crap as in 'neato stuff'. Crap good, not bad. Bad crap bad, good crap good. Crap on shoe bad, A/V crap in media room good. No bad, just good.

Alex-F-V

Stunt Coordinator
I knew what you meant....
But Samsung DLP are the biggest craps ever!!!!!
(crap as in great :D)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks