Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Sony DVP-NS325 - Black Level settings won't stick?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 Ryan Patterson

Ryan Patterson

Stunt Coordinator

• 105 posts

Posted July 31 2003 - 04:21 AM

Hello,

I picked up this DVD player yesterday and was trying to set the black level setting in the setup menu to "Off" (which means that the brightness goes down and the blacker-than-black pluge no longer exists) I might like to use this mode as my PS2's black level setting is also low, and it would save me from having to adjust my TV's brightness setting every time I switch back and forth.

However, although the adjustment works after I change it in the setup menu, the moment I power-off the DVD player, the setting seems to get lost. When I power-on, the setup menu says that the black level is still "off", but the brightness has jumped back up to it's default "on" state. I have to go back into the option and set it to "off" again in order for the brightness to go back down. Very strange...

I called Sony about this and they believe it to be a defect with my unit. Before I take the unit in for an exchange, I'd like to know if anyone else out there experiences the same problem with this model (or any other Sony model from this year). As a test, I went into the DVD service mode and did a system diagnostic. No problems were reported.

Thanks,
Ryan