What's new

The Dukes of Hazzard movie seems to be looming closer... (1 Viewer)

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Yah. Okay. Hold me back.

:thumbsdown:

James Pfann

Stunt Coordinator
The Mopar guys are going to have a nutty if they plan on trashing any more Chargers to make this turkey fly.

:frowning:

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
While you will find no bigger Dukes fan

I will not accept Britany Spears as Daisy
I will not have Ashton Kutcher as presumably Luke Duke

Matt Damon and Ben Affleck, now THEY would be perfect :) They even have the right hair colors :)

While it's true, blaspheming Dukes will be difficult, I'm sure they'll manage it somehow. If anyone making this movie is reading, I can't be sure you know what makes something Dukes, so here goes

1- Uncle Jesse cooks plenty of southern fried vittles. Rattlesnake, possum, squirrel. It's what he does, it's all he does, except drive around in his WHITE pickup occasionally. Must wear overalls

2-Daisy, she wears amazingly short shorts. It what she does. And slop beer, and serve pretzels, and occasionally get in her bitchin jeep (I'll accept her having it from the beginning) yelling on the radio

3-The General Lee. Must be orange, must have proper horn, must have amazing shock system, must have doors welded shut, must leap tall gultches in a single bound through impossibly hidden ramps as they ride the same freakin course of Georgia backwoods every damn episode/movie

4- Bo and Luke, gotta have their bows, gotta wear the blue and tan shirts, gotta ignore seatbelts with reckless abandon and love their uncle and cousin

5- Boss Hog. He eats like a pig, wears the same damn white suit. Copious plates and stogies are a mainstay along with stupid evil plans to get rid of them Dukes!

6-Roscoe- If you can't "geetgeetgeet" you can't have this part. Hire the original actor off his fishing show and get him to teach whoever you hire.

7- Cooter, Cletus and the rest- check em out, make them work

8-Redneck races. Moonshine or whatever, gotta have one against some supercar that cheats.

The Golden Rule- Watch the show, dear god watch the show. If it's not on the show, it's not right. No new takes, it doesn't need it, it's simple enough from the beginning. Doesn't need "updating" (it's about Georgia hicks!) And don't hire some happy face who doesn't remember the show. The teeny boppers love Matt and Ben enough, and they need to do this. They're the only pair of actors out there that have all the important stuff already in place.

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
Listening to the news on the radio this morning, The Hollywood Reporter is reporting that Britney Spears WILL be part of the "Dukes of Hazzard" movie. I believe that is what I heard, and if that is in fact true, then you can guarantee me not going to see the movie, unless her performance is critically acclaimed, which I bet serious money that it won't happen.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Wow. I'm surprised there are actually people out there that get paid to come up with these ideas.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
They should stop remaking everything in sight ! Dukes are a classic that shouldnt be messed with! Now, because of this movie,the original dukes wont arrive on dvd till this movie comes out.:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks