Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

TV Problem

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Paul_III

Paul_III

Agent

• 45 posts

Posted July 30 2003 - 02:40 AM

Hi,
I have a 64 in Pioneer Elite 710 HD, and I noticed something a few weeks ago that I've never seen before. When watching "Tears from the Sun", during a scene where the screen was "very" dark/black, on the left edge of the screen there appeared to be some kind of discoloration that was slightly brighter than the black background. This "discoloration" (for lack of a better word) ran from the upper left corner to the bottom left corner, or from top to bottom. Well I had never seen it before and thought maybe it was the disc, so I subsequently forgot about it until the other night when I was watching another DVD and I saw the same thing, in the same place on the TV. I was wondering if you had any suggestions as to what is causing this? There appears to be nothing wrong unless the screen is totally black, then it becomes very apparent.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs

Executive Producer

• 16,725 posts

Posted July 30 2003 - 06:06 AM

Sounds like reflections inside the cabinet bouncing their way onto the screen. Inherent to the beast. You could try covering the interior with a dark-colored fabric to minimize the internal reflections.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Paul_III

Paul_III

Agent

• 45 posts

Posted July 30 2003 - 11:49 AM

OK, as long as this sounds somewhat normal for a RPTV, then I can deal with it, I just wanted to make sure there was nothing major going on. Thanks Jack!