What's new

ScooterPalooza 2003: Scoot Almighty Updates (1 Viewer)

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Here we go..the official countdown thread to the ScooterPalooza 2003: Scoot Almighty shindig!

If you plan to go you MUST RSVP to Ron VERY soon. Also..only a few discounted rooms are left for the event so book now. When those fill up I can lead you to other hotels in the area, but we have no deals with them.

Finishing negociations with sponsors now and will announce that soon. However, I have arranged an addition to the day that should be a LOT of fun!

NYC renown hypnotist Garry Gewant from www.Hyp4Life.com will be giving an exhibition/performance JUST for HTF members attending. So..on top of great food...great company..great flicks...we have great and diverse entertainment!

On a side note, once again I would like to run a streaming vid webcam from here that and if anyone attending has that skill, PLEASE let me know.

Ok..your turn..RSVP and let the countdown begin!!!!

Bruce N

Second Unit
I'm so sorry to say that Wendy and I won't be able to attend. She's leaving for Scotland the next day and it's just too far away. :frowning:

We'll be thinking about what's in the deep fryer and how cold the beer is!

All the best!
Bruce

Woo Jae

Screenwriter
Thanks for letting us know, Scoot. First (and sadly, the last Scooterpalooza at this location) time attendee, and looking forward to chillin' at your humble abode. :)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
How is everybody's lodging going? If anybody is really hard pressed to get a room, I may be able to help with lodging. I gather I am only about 1/2 hour away from Scooter's place and although I never know my plans too far in advance, I may be free that weekend. I never requested a ticket, but is it sold out, so to speak?

PM or email for details.

Jay

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Not sold out but the ABSOLUTE LAST DAY TO RSVP is this wednesday!!!!! After that, no more attendees.

You NJ and Pa. folks...would love to meet the locals from here. As well as any who can make the trek to my house! The soda fountain is filled..the popcorn machine and butter topper cleaned and ready to go! New lamp in the 400Q...and the Sabrett cart all fired up!

Waiting on two more sponsors to make an official announcement about them, but be assured there will be nice prizes and food galore!

So those waiting until the last minute..that minute is here! The deadline is posted only in this thread for those who have shown interest. Email Ron via the forum...and hope to see a LOT of you on the 16th!

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
NEW SPONSOR ADDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TADA..got confirmed today that Elite Entertainment is onboard as an Official Sponsor. They will be giving us a buncha discs to give away as well as a BIG surprise still in the works.

Vinnie and I got WAAAAAAAAAAYY back to the early 80's. He and I even went to a taping of The Morton Downey Show, in which I was the last one to speak at the podium for that episode. I remember when he and his wife Lisa were first taking the big step of starting Elite. And it has certainly grown in the years hence.

You can visit Elite's website at:

http://www.elitedisc.com/index.html

Once again, Thanks Vinnie for coming on board!

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Ok..final 2 sponsors added!!!!!!!!!

First off is a local sign maker who is looking to break into this market for your personalized home theater signs. Not only will some of their work be on display at ScooterPalooza but they will be making a banner for the event as well as creating signs as door prizes! They are not yet set up on their website for H.T, but you can see examples of their fine work here:

www.TheSignConnection.com

And now...something way cool and FUN!!! I saw these folks on The Food Channel's report on the Fun Food Convention.

http://www.poppinglows.com/pages/889619/

They make an ice pop that glows in the dark! DAMN tasty and easy to spot in the dark!!!! I am really pleased these folks came on board! Look for their product at carnivals and county fairs all across America.

Ok..so that's it! All that is left to do is come here on the 16th and have a blast!!!! Remember....TODAY the 6th is THE LAST DAY for RSVP!!!!

Ok..now I gotta clean the house! ;)

P.S. Please take a look here:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=153588

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Scooter...is there anything you need us to bring? I remember we used to have a list of what food and drinks the attendees would bring? Are we not doing that anymore?

Is that what the sponsors are doing? Buying the food and drinks?

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
Andres,

Ron has emailed a food list to those that registered with him. (He sent it to me on 7/29) If you signed up later than that, he may not have gotton back around to you. The best way to let them know what you want to bring is to email Ron: [email protected] and let him know.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Only one sponsor is supplying food..the Glow Pops folks...other than that it's the attendees.

An email will be going out soon to those attending.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Hey, we thought of doing this once before at the now defunct NYC dvd tours, but is anyone interested in having a 'DVD swap'? IE bring a stack of DVDs to sell or trade with other scootendees?

Sam

Shawn Sefranek

Second Unit
I’m looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday. The weather is looking to be GREAT so far.
I’ll be shooting photos for the event so be sure to smile when you see me coming. :D

Shawn S

DarrinH

Second Unit
Scooter,
WV HT Group reps will be there!
Sounds better than last year.
Don't forget we will be contributing a door prize as well.
New disk of some-sort, don't know which one yet.
PM me some ideas if you have them.

Woo Jae

Screenwriter
Hmm - seeing that I have some extra anime dvds, I may bring some with me to give to anyone interested. No guarantees though... It's hard to part with one's purchses.

That said, I assume Ron will send us an email with the price location of scooter's place so I can use mapquest to get directions. Especially since this is my first Scooterpalooza. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks