Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

PS2 Component Video (Monster Cable)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Trevor Schell

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor

• 512 posts

Posted October 01 2001 - 07:15 PM

Hi!,

Monster Cable makes a Component Video cable for the PS2. It includes the exclusive connector to the PS2 and then branches out the 3 cables required for Component.
I do not see any Audio connectors though. How would one connect the Audio if you were not going to use the optical option for a receiver but instead connect it directly to a TV.?

Thanks,

------------------
Trevor..Posted Image
My HomeTheater S.E. Sonically Enhanced
*Outdated new pictures
due to recent upgrades!
**Equipment list current
Trevor 
 HomeTheater S.E.
(Sonically Enhanced)

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   AndyVX

AndyVX

Supporting Actor

• 808 posts

Posted October 01 2001 - 07:28 PM

Hey, you know I never thought about that, you raise a good point. I am going to get the monster component cables, and thankfully I have an extra optical input on my receiver. But for people that don't have an extra optical input, or for people that don't have a DD/DTS receiver they are pretty much shit outta luck. Andrew
Andrew

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Peter_A

Peter_A

Second Unit

• 333 posts

Posted October 01 2001 - 08:23 PM

The only thing to do is get a non-Monster brand component cable. I used one that had audio RCA connectors on it before my Monster version arrived. ------------------ Peter

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Trevor Schell

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor

• 512 posts

Posted October 02 2001 - 07:01 PM

The Monster Component does not have Audio RCA's so it can not be used without a system connected to a receiver and digital cables.

The Monster S-Video cables do come with the two Audio RCA's included in the bundle as well as the composite set.

The reason I asked the question in the first place was since I just bought a Toshiba 24" Flatscreen FST Pure TV for the sole purpose as a monitor for the PS2..The new Toshiba has Component inputs which I wanted to use for video quality.

Posted Image

------------------
Trevor..Posted Image
My HomeTheater S.E. Sonically Enhanced
*Outdated new pictures
due to recent upgrades!
**Equipment list current
Trevor 
 HomeTheater S.E.
(Sonically Enhanced)

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Dave F

Dave F

Screenwriter

• 2,891 posts

Posted October 02 2001 - 09:12 PM

You'll have to go with the Sony component cables...

-Dave

------------------
DVD List
DVD List

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   Rob Varto

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor

• 714 posts

Posted October 03 2001 - 08:37 AM

Andy, what optical slot do you use from your receiver? I have mine going to the "CD" option since I do not have a CD player hooked up to my receiver. Are there other options?
1. Steal Underpants
2. ???
3. Profit

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Christopher Chung

Christopher Chung

Stunt Coordinator

• 203 posts

Posted October 03 2001 - 11:23 AM

Speaking of the PS2 cables... I saw a post a while back about the Acoustic Research/Interact S-Video and Component cables which were much cheaper than Monster and looked just as nice. Now I searched everywhere for these bad boys, but I could not find the S-Video cable package!!! Has anybody out there recently seen them being sol on-line somewhere? I've tried Accessories4less, but had no luck...I'm stumped. Thanks, for any info, Chris

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Dave F

Dave F

Screenwriter

• 2,891 posts

Posted October 03 2001 - 02:42 PM

Christopher,

Try AVConnect .

-Dave

------------------
DVD List
DVD List

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   AndyVX

AndyVX

Supporting Actor

• 808 posts

Posted October 03 2001 - 04:39 PM

[quote]

Andy, what optical slot do you use from your receiver? I have mine going to the "CD" option since I do not have a CD player hooked up to my receiver. Are there other options?

[quote]

I'm a little confused by this question. If you have your PS2 connected to your receivers optical input already, I don't really understand what exactly you are asking.

Maybe you could clarify a little?

Andrew

------------------
ICQ# - 119869807
Andrew

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users