What's new

Dirty Mary Crazy Larry (1 Viewer)

BillyH

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone know anything whether or not this is due out on DVD? There are some dubious ,at best, offerings on EBay ;for a hefty price but I don't feel like getting burned on those. While I'm at it, any new news on Vanishing Pojnt?(I'm starting to salivate over that one!)

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
"Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry" doesn't appear to be currently available on home video period, DVD or VHS. It was at one time issued on VHS from Magnetic Video. (God, remember them? Whatever happened to them?) I believe Fox owns the rights, so you might write to them and request a DVD release.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
There is a Japanese laser disc of Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry, and a European PAL laser disc, both very hard to find and expensive when they show up.

It was reported by some popular dvd site some months ago that Vanishing Point was to be coming out this year or next, but so far no offical announcement. There is a UK R2 PAL release which I understand is very nice, and at a reasonable price. Try Amazon UK.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
why DM/CL is not out on disc is one of those things that leaves you completely speechless.

the din and roar if this ever got announced from the people who actually know about it, would be loud enough to pique the interest of the masses that don't yet know about it or haven't seen it.

in other words, unlike some questionable catalog titles that get released, i would expect this one, over time to sell very well.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I would love to see this out on DVD, a childhood favorite of mine.

Plus, we need more Susan George DVDs!!

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
I'd love to see this one on DVD as well. If it's ever released I just hope they don't give it the "Joe six-pack" treatment (without those stupid black bars).

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Yep, that was before Hollywood marketing really kicked into gear. So many of those films nowadays wouldn't be made or if they were, they would tack on a "feel good" ending.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Man, I love this film and saw it 3 or 4 times theatrically. This is one of my most-wanted on DVD. All I have is a version on VHS I taped off of Cinemax or something. :frowning:

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I remember seeing Vanishing Point as a kid and that ending really messed my little mind up!!! In a similar, bleak 70's vein, the ending shot of Electra Glide in Blue.

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
I remember in the school holidays when I was 7 (I guess they didn't bother about age ratings), going to the cinema to see this 7 times in a week and never got bored.

The same year we went to see Man With The Golden Gun (best Bond film by far) but only made it as far as 5 times in the week.

BillyH

Stunt Coordinator
My old man took me to see it when I was a teenager. He must have knew something about it beforehand as he said it was a "guy movie" so Mom and the girls wouldn't ask to go. We both enjoyed it very much. Dad kept on repeating on the way home how he felt it was vastly superior to Butch Cassidy, which we had seen the week before. He felt that the "criminals" in it were glorified and Dad didn't like it. He felt the unsavory characters in DMCL acted just the way they should have and got their just rewards in the end. Dad has always been very law abiding. In some ways I feel the auto action scenes from this movie are superior to even Vanishing Point. It is fairly obvious in VP in a few scenes that the speeding car was really sped up film footage. Of course, 20th Century Fox realy screwed up the editing of that movie, if you know any of the history of it, you know what I mean. I heard that Barry Newman was quite irked about it, and rightly so.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
seems Anchor Bay will be releasing this much earlier than i was expecting -early enough to watch it outside for that true 'drive-in' vibe :)

6/28 and up for pre-order on Amazon!
hopefully it won't get pushed back

can

not

wait!

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
from the AB site-

Features:

Widescreen Presentation
"Ride the Wild Side"
Commentary with Director John Hough and DVD Producer Perry Martin.
Talent Bios: John Hough Peter Fonda Susan George
Cross-Promo Trailers: Butch & Sundance: The Early Days Race With The Devil License To Drive
1969 Dodge Charger Commercial
Theatrical Trailer
Teaser Trailer
TV Spots
Radio Spots
Poster And Still Gallery
sounds great to me.
aside from the the vintage tv and radio spots-which i always love seeing (maybe even more than the usual theatrical trailers), the extra i find most amusing is the inclusion of the Dodge charger commercial.
very imaginative choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks