Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Samsung DLP TV's - need help.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 Alex-F-V

Alex-F-V

Stunt Coordinator

• 81 posts

Posted July 28 2003 - 01:25 PM

I am currently looking at getting a 43" samsung DLP TV(model #HLN4365W) I want to know if these TV's are good and worth getting. The problem I have right now is that I have a really lame media niche in my home with the dimensions of

45" wide
34" tall
23 1/2" deep

AND this space is ABOVE a fireplace (Mubles obscenities as cruddy homebuilders)Heat is not an issue with space either.

Almost needless to say this has caused a major problem for me as I want a big TV that is widescreen and HDTV ready...
My dream is to be able to cover the space with a beutiful plasma but they are out of my price range.

Anyways your thoughts on this TV and maybe another TV that will fit here would be great.

Alex.

#2 of 6 Vin

Vin

Supporting Actor

• 547 posts

Posted July 28 2003 - 11:35 PM

I don't own one but here's a DLP review you might want to read.

Vin

#3 of 6 Eric Ehedstr

Eric Ehedstr

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted July 29 2003 - 07:13 AM

Have it, love it! I didn't want a rearprojection screen until I saw it. Maybe you can help me with some questions.. see in the "DLP component vs DVI" thread.

#4 of 6 Don Petsche

Don Petsche

Agent

• 27 posts

Posted July 29 2003 - 01:23 PM

I've got the 50" version, a great T.V. all around. I would recommend it without hesitation, but verticle viewing angles might warrant some caution depending on how high off of the floor you are talking about when you say above the fireplace. Horizontal angles on the Samsung DLPs sets are the best, no sweet spot issues at all, but vertically there is some image dimming depending on how severe the viewing angle. I would suggest purchasing with a good return policy just in case, and/or would try to demo it at a retailer ahead of time in a similar vertical configuration.

#5 of 6 Don Petsche

Don Petsche

Agent

• 27 posts

Posted July 29 2003 - 01:54 PM

Here is an "unofficial guide" to the Samsung DLPs. I've found it very informative, both before and after my purchase.

Unofficial guide to Samsung DLP

#6 of 6 Clint Key

Clint Key

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted August 14 2003 - 06:01 AM

I own the 61" and I have to say, Samsung has really outdone themselves. I can imagine the 2 other DLP monitors from them are equally as impressive. I totally concur with Don though regarding the vertical viewing angle. There isn't a whole lot of room to work with above and below the line of sight.

Oh, and FYI, the DVI connection is a great added bonus. You really can't beat the picture from a Samsung DVD-HD931 with DVI output to the new Samsung DLP's DVI input

Clint