What's new

Sanford & Son: Season 3 - October 17th (1 Viewer)

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
From DVD File

Rounding out Columbia's October 17th lineup are four new library and TV titles making their DVD debuts: the classic drama Cromwell, two new Cirque du Soleil collections, Alegria and Varekal, and Sanford and Son: The Complete Third Season. All are in 4:3 full frame (except Cromwell, which is in anamorphic widescreen) and feature Dolby 2.0 stereo tracks, except Sanford and Son, which is in mono. There are no extras except bonus trailers on Cromwell, which retails for $24.95, while the Cirque du Soleil collections will set you back $14.95 each. Sanford and Son will go for $29.95 for the complete three-disc set.
This is great news. Hopefully, All in the Family: Season 3 and Married...with Children: Season 1 will be announced soon.

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
I deserve a "You big dummy!" The release date is Oct. 7, not Oct. 17. I just checked TVShowsOnDVD.com.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It looks like six at the end of this season, and three at the beginning of the next. Fine with me, as the Grady episodes were great.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I thought there were more than 9 episodes without Foxx. Did he miss more in season 5 and 6?

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I can't wait to get this! Although the cut episode on season 2 was a bit of a let-down, it won't stop me from continuing to collect this series. Seeing most of these episodes are a first for me. We don't get Nick At Nite here in Canada, and I don't have digital cable to acquire TV Land, so I've only managed to see a few random episodes in syndication over the past 6 or 7 years. Same goes with "The Jeffersons" which I had NEVER seen until I purchased the first season DVD set.

October 7th will be an EXPENSIVE day for me. lol. Between this set, the "Ultimate Vacation" box set and "A Christmas Story" SE, my ol' wallet should be empty in no time. lol. But it'll be well worth it!

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
BTW, has anyone tried to contact Columbia/TriStar about the cuts on one episode of the S2 set? And if not, do they have a phone number, email, or snail mail for me so that I can do it?

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Greg, thanks for the link...that is a great site. I now know what to look forward to for Season 3 and beyond.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Well, I was born in '77 so it was definitely before my time. And I have not once seen it in syndication here. So yeah, it's really cool for me to collect some of these old shows and watch them for the first time. "The Jeffersons" literally cracks me up. I'm on pins and needles waiting for season 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks