What's new

Weekly Roundup 7/29 (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Though they sink through the sea they shall rise again. Though lovers be lost love shall not. And death shall have no dominion.

[c] [/c]

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed advertisements, the Sunday of the week of release (so as to catch any week-of-release sale prices). All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price. If a price is marked "$_N/A_" in the grid, it means that this title is not shown as available on that chain's website or perhaps in their ads...but it COULD still be in-stores!

$_"LP" means the advertisement says "Low Price", and $_"HP" means the advertisement says "Hot Price". Use of either of these in the Roundup grid indicates that I could not locate a definate price for the item, and the ad is all I have to go on. Retailers use these phrases in advertisements so that they do not violate MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) agreements with the studios. Doing so can cost them thousands or even millions of dollars in co-op advertising funds.

I only include the titles I feel like including. In fact, the titles are pretty much the ones I'm personally interested in, with few exceptions. I don't get paid for this, and I don't have time to devote to doing every DVD. I have a lovely wife and a five-year-old son I'd rather spend time with. Please don't complain. If there is a title not included in the Roundup that you want to see, just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone...like I do!

Note that Circuit City does not guarantee their sale prices in Hawaii.

[c]
__________TITLE____________Amazon_BestBuy_CrcCity_Target__CostCo__SamsClb
Daredevil - WS____________$19.49__$15.99__$15.99__$19.99__$18.99__$_N/A_
DragonTales: Work It Out__$11.21__$ 9.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Highlander: Season 2______$67.49__$54.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
I Love You To Death_______$18.71__$19.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
The New Avengers '76______$59.96__$89.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$49.99__$_N/A_
One Step Beyond - Coll. 1_$22.49__$24.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Piglet's Big Movie________$22.49__$19.99__$19.99__$19.99__$19.99__$17.47
Profiler - Season 1_______$74.96__$99.99__$99.99__$_N/A___$64.99__$59.84
The Quiet American________$22.49__$17.99__$19.99__$19.99__$18.99__$_N/A_
The Saint Megaset_________$149.96_$179.99_$_N/A___$_N/A___$99.99__$_N/A_
Solaris (George Clooney)__$20.99__$19.99__$15.99__$19.99__$17.99__$_N/A_
Spider____________________$18.71__$15.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
SpongeBob: Tide & Seek____$14.99__$14.99__$17.99__$14.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
The Weather_______________$22.49__$31.99__$24.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
[/c]

* BE CAREFUL! Daredevil is available in both Widescreen and Fullscreen versions...get the correct one.

* No, I am NOT going to bother listing the umpteenth re-releases of the American Pie films. Sorry.

* Folks interested in Profiler, be aware that an episode was left off the set due to rights issues. There are threads in the main section about this, so do a search for details.

* Save $5 at Target if you purchase both Solaris and Daredevil on the same transaction.

* Save $5 at Best Buy if you purchase both Solaris and Daredevil on the same transaction. This is a better deal than Target's, because Daredevil starts out on sale for $4 less already, and the discount is applied from there. This is also better than Circuit City's sale prices of $15.99 each...Best Buy wins by $1 if you're buying both.

The latest markdowns according to VideoTropics web site (DVD Title/Old SRP/New SRP):
-------------------------
None

The latest markdowns according to DavisDVD (there may be some duplication of above, but read through it anyway):
-------------------------
EFFECTIVE 7.29.03
Columbia Finding Graceland, Jerry Maguire, St. Elmo's Fire 14.95
Columbia Crush, Swept Away 19.95

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
Damn, that's a lot for Solaris at Best Buy. I guess I'll have to drive the extra distance for Circuit City.

Thanks again, Dave.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Thanks for the roundup David. Nothing for me this week, but i managed to find valley girl dvd early at full retail ! I couldnt resist and i got it ! Tons of extras and a decent transfer! Whoevers a fan of this movie wont be dissapointed.:D

Derek P

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know what the bonus content on Highlander Season 2 is?

I know the Media Play group was sold a while ago meaning Best Buy gets the exclusive discs but is there the slim chance Media Play will have it? (I have the Replay for them and want the extra points)

Thank you Dave for your hard work.

Roberto Carlo

Second Unit
Thank you, David. I hope that your seventh anniversary was a good one. It's Piglet and possibly Daredevil for me.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Finally a buy nothing week. I was considering picking up Piglet as a Christmas present for my son, since it looked like it was only $14.99 in the target ad, but since it turned out to be $19.99, I'll pass for now.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Bill J: If you also want Daredevil, the better price is at Best Buy to get both on the same receipt. If you're only getting Solaris, then go ahead to CC.

Tony: I'm desparate for Valley Girl. Johnny, are you queer?

Derek: It's too bad that there isn't a site somewhere out there that's dedicated to television shows that appear on DVD...it could be usefull in answering your question. :D

Roberto: Anniversary was terrific, thank you. All was well, even if Memphis did lose power from Tuesday 7AM through late Weds (at home, still out at work and in large areas of the city).

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Fry's has Daredevil advertised at $14.88 just so you know. I'll probably still go to Best Buy and have them price match it.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Lol at Davids quote! David the only bad thing about this dvd is the extras are split on both sides, i guess thats only minor , because mgm went all out on this dvd believe me !:)

Carlos V III

Stunt Coordinator
Glad you had a good 7th anniversary despite the power problems David! Just celebrated my 28th yesterday!!

BTW, BestBuy.Com is showing Highlander Season 2 for 49.99. Hope it's still that price Tuesday so I can order it for in-store pickup.

Carlos

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
David, the Target ad here was kind of ambigious, but it looked to me like DareDevil was $14.99. The $14.99 price on SpongeBob is suspiciously close to the DareDevil picture, though the Target site does say $19.99.

Chris

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Best Buy DVD sale items:

Dead and Buried $19.99

American Pie w/ Beneath the Crust $15.99
American Pie 2 w/ Beneath the Crust $15.99

The Best Of Bob Marley DVD $14.99

2 for $20
Happy Gilmore
Meet The Parents
Next Friday
LA Confidential
Leaving Las Vegas
Full Metal Jacket
Exit Wounds
Crocodile Hunter
The Replacements

------------

Circuit City DVD sale items:

Save $3 instantly with combined purchase of Daredevil DVD and CD soundtrack

Spider-Man: $15.99
Shanghai Knights: $17.99
Final Destinations 2: $17.99
Phone Booth: $19.99
Basic: $19.99
How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days: $19.99
Gangs of New York: $19.99

$12.99 each:
Brotherhood of the Wolf
Tomb Raider
Almost Famous
Conan the Barbarian: Collector's Edition
In Too Deep
Scent of a Woman

$8.99 each
Killing Me Softly: Unrated
Y Tu Mama Tambien
Show Girls
Original Sin: Unrated
Lambada
Body of Evidence

$6.99 each
Tidal Wave
Barb Wire: Unrated
Body Count
How to Be a Player
The 6th Man
Meatballs

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
It's also worth noting that the American Pie re-re-re-releases do come with a free ticket to American Wedding...though rumor has it that it it more along the lines of a rebate where you have to send in your ticket stub. Best Buy has the best price, but they only list one version of each on their site. It comes in both Widescreen and Fullscreen versions, but BB's new site does not specify if it is the good or bad version :frowning:

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Dave, surprised to see The Weather on the Roundup. I had totally forgotten about this until a few minutes ago when I saw Gord's review over at the "site somewhere out there that's dedicated to television shows that appear on DVD" (to use your words :)). The only other time I even heard about this was your thread a while back with the massive listing of WB-distributed DVDs through much of this year - and it totally slipped my mind. But since all the prices suck ($31.99 @ BB for this $29.99 MSRP release?), I just got it on eBay using Buy it Now for $13 shipped. :D (eBay is good for something, after all) This release sounds great, according to Gord's review. Thanks to both of you for the reminders about this release.

Tom, the AP free ticket offer IS mail-in, according to BB's ad. But if anyone already has the original releases, it's probably pointless to buy this release (even for the ticket) because according to the movies' producers or directors, all the content on these Between the Crust discs will be on the upcoming American Wedding DVD. There's a thread in Software with the actual quote.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks