What's new

Are there any plans on rereleasing The Truman Show?? (1 Viewer)

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Well, there's always a chance, but I wouldn't expect it right away.

Paramount is the studio that has double dipped the least, doing so only for the Tom Clancy and the Star Trek films.

Now, if they are going to start double dipping some more, one would assume they would start with their earlier non-anamorphic releases, like The Truman Show. But it may be a while.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
The only reason I don't own the TRUMAN SHOW is because the DVD isn't that special. It really is a good movie and the DVD could have such cool special features.

Dan Shogren

Stunt Coordinator
i sure hope this doesnt happen because i just bought this dvd a couple weeks ago just because of the movie. And guess how much i paid? 25 dollars!:angry:

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
You couldn't find a better deal than $25? DDD has it for $13.57! Always use DVDpricesearch.com!

Joel C

Screenwriter
Martin Blythe indicated that they'd like to do an SE, but Peter Wier isn't into supplemental features. Maybe Andrew Niccol would contribute a commentary, he did one for Gattaca, I think.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
The only reason I haven't purchased the disc is the non-anamorphic transfer. Make it anamorphic and Paramount has my sale for this excellent film.

Ziv L

Agent
I have heard that the anamorphic version of The Truman Show is the region 2 version, but according to this site (celtoslavica.de/chiaroscuro/vergleiche/truman.html, see the bottom of the page) the region 1 picture is much better..

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
Maybe Andrew Niccol would contribute a commentary, he did one for Gattaca, I think.
Nope. Neither was he interviewed for the featurette on the dvd. The featurette is quite funny in that, you have every actor praising the director to high heavens, yet all we see of Andrew Niccol is a shot of him directing someone that lasts 2 seconds...

Zane Charron

Second Unit
I'd love to see a SE of The Truman Show. It's one of my favorite films. I saw an hour long "making of" that was just an extended version of the history of the Truman Show that Harry Shearer introduces in the film. That could be one thing, along with a commentary from Andrew Niccol, trailer, interviews with the cast, etc. Doesn't have to be an extensive 2 disc set, but anamorphic widescreen is a must.

Guy Martin

Second Unit
There's also tons of deleted scenes that I'm aware of, including a "cast meeting" where Cristof announces that Meryl is leaving the show after the grater incident and another scene where workers build a Fiji set just in case they can't convince Truman to stay put. There's also more material with Harry Shearer in the shooting screenplay, but whether any of it was committed to film, I don't know.
- Guy

Zane Charron

Second Unit
Well, like I said, it wasn't really a making-of in the traditional sense. Just imagine the whole scene with Harry Shearer and make it 45 minutes or an hour long. I saw it on some channel, maybe E!, several years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks