-

Photo

And the winner is.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Gerard Martin

Gerard Martin

Second Unit

• 367 posts

Posted July 25 2003 - 10:12 AM

In terms of Customer Service and technical support XM Radio by a landslide.
Recently activated a Sirius radio and after a brief period of time experienced audio dropouts, called Sirius expecting help and was told if it didn,t work they would gladly cancel my service. Purchased XM, same problem this time CS referred me to a XM Technical support person who spend some 20 minutes on the phone walking me through the problem, needless to say problem Solved. Way to go XM. IMO a great service, great product.
Jerry

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,002 posts

Posted July 25 2003 - 10:17 AM

This is the second time I have read that
XM RADIO beat out SIRIUS in Customer Support.

Way to go XM!

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Matt`G

Matt`G

Agent

• 36 posts

Posted August 19 2003 - 01:29 PM

In (partial) defense of Sirius customer service,

I received a phone call a couple weeks back -- they apparently are surveying their subscribers to find out in detail what they like, don't like, and any new ideas. The survey took probably a good 20 minutes of my time, but I was glad to do it. A company interested in my opinion makes me feel better about giving them my money.

To be honest, though, in the past I have called Sirius for support and it basically lead nowhere. Given, the one time I called, the problem was on my end (bad splice on a power lead), but it was almost more frustrating to talk to them than to try to troubleshoot on my own. First, they assured me that my tuner should be getting the signal, and they even reset my "signal" to make sure, which was good. After that, they were not very helpful. I spent 5 minutes trying to explain to the poor tech support guy that my head unit was not receiving signal from the Sirius tuner, but every time I stopped talking he asked me to "hold down your source button on your head unit and pick sirius" Posted Image I might just be picky, but it was a little bit frustrating in a situation where I was already frustrated. Luckily, I thought to check the voltage going to the Sirius tuner in the midst of him telling me for the umpteenth time to pick Sirius as a source, and I was able to tell him that I found the problem.
Matt G

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Chris

Chris

Lead Actor

• 6,790 posts

Posted October 04 2003 - 05:31 PM

I ran into a hitch during the activation of the Sirius unit when I had it installed, and Sirius was very courteous to me, and called me back 30 minutes later to make sure it was working. I was pretty pleased, I don't know if I'll ever have a reason to call again, though Posted Image
My Current DVD-Profiler

"I've been Ostrafied!" - Christopher, Sopranos 5/6/07