What's new

Paramount - DVD Requests - part 2 (1 Viewer)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
As per Martin Blythe's wishes, I have started a new thread.

I would like to request some sci-fi titles, titles I'm sure Mr Blythe has seen before:):

Colossus of New York
I Married a Monster From Outer Space
Phase IV
Robinson Crusoe on Mars
Space Children, The

And yet another request for The Conformist.

Keep up the great work Paramount!!!!!

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
I would love to see:

Hellraiser 3 uncut - the only Hellraiser film not on DVD in the US
Event Horizon director's cut
Escape from LA Special Edition
Twin Peaks TV Series

Martin, can you confirm that Paramount has the rights to the Twin Peaks pilot and series now? There is so much confusion about who has the rights and the fans would really like to know.

Thanks!

Gregory

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Damn, these get old don't they :b

Peanuts, Peanuts, Peanuts!!!! The films need to be released! That is all that can be said about that...

It will be interesting to see what comes out of the hat with the Friday series now since you say that special editions are being considered...I just hope they are done the way that has been requested of now since 1980...

Twin Peaks: The Pilot would be nice...

A decent home version of Hellraiser 3...UNCUT...would be nice...

And though I know what the excuse will be for not releasing it....Laverne and Shirley. (Hey, with Laverne placing in the VH1 Top 200 Pop Icons...you can't say that popularity is in question...)

Derek M Germano

Second Unit
A very short list off the top of my head-
BLOOD AND ROSES
MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS
I MARRIED A MONSTER FROM OUTER SPACE
ROBINSON CRUSOE ON MARS
L’IL ABNER
THE MIRACLE OF MORGAN'S CREEK
THE NAKED PREY
THE NAKED JUNGLE
THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH
DANGER: DIABOLIK
THE SKULL
ESCAPE FROM LA
(16:9 reissue)
EVENT HORIZON (16:9 reissue Director’s Cut)

Oh, and if it pans out that Paramount starts issuing Republic titles-
THE QUIET MAN (Technicolor Restored)
INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS (16:9 reissue)

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Just ouf of basic interest...how many times do we all need to state the same titles that we are requesting before they take notice of them.

In looking at the other thread on this topic, until Martin asked for another thread to be created, it seemed that at least 95% of the list was the same as all the other lists that have been continued to be submitted for sought after titles.

Are they just hoping that one of these days that someone will post some movie that a Paramount executive just loves and that will be the one that happens to get released? In the meantime while it is the titles that they themselves don't have interest in that we will continue to list for really no reason at all...

Hate to be negative about it all but it seems that this is just the same ol same ol and it never changes.

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
I'd LOVE to see:

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THE FABULOUS STAINS (SE)

TITANIC (SE)

TOP GUN (SE)

FIRE IN THE SKY

DEEP IMPACT (SE)

RAMPAGE

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
First off, a question for Martin Blythe:

Whenever Paramount sees fit to release THE PRESIDENT'S ANALYST (1967) on Region 1 DVD (and, admittedly, that could be years from now), is there any decent chance that the rights to the original songs would be cleared, so that we could finally see the movie un-cut & un-altered on DVD (as has been seen on cable tv --yes, I realize different agreements cover tv distribution rights and home video rights...and DVD rights are separate from VHS/laserdisc rights)? Or, is it more likely that the same edited, "some music has been changed" version that appeared on Paramount's VHS and LD editions of the film will be what we'd see on a future DVD of THE PRESIDENT'S ANALYST?

For those that haven't seen the movie-- three tunes (one instrumental, two songs) are performed "live" by Barry 'Eve of Destruction' McGuire and the band Clear Light (who are characters in the film), during some important scenes in the movie. The songs aren't just background color, but are integral to the scenes where they appear. The scenes are actually cut to the rhythms of the music. In the "some music has been changed" home video version, not only has the original music been replaced by some ersatz, "generic" pseudo-1960s music, but approximately 2 minutes of footage is also removed, in an attempt to cover the fact that the music heard isn't the music being performed. The middle of the movie is pretty much ruined in this altered version.

Anyway, my usual Paramount DVD requests:

THE PRESIDENT'S ANALYST (1967, un-cut, all the original music intact, audio commentary by writer/director Theodore J. Flicker if possible) coming Summer 2004
THE NAKED PREY (1966)
TARZAN'S GREATEST ADVENTURE (1959)
TARZAN THE MAGNIFICENT (1960)
TARZAN GOES TO INDIA (1962)
TARZAN'S THREE CHALLENGES (1963)
THE MIRACLE OF MORGAN'S CREEK (1946)
DANGER: DIABOLIK (1968) coming Summer 2004
THE BLISS OF MRS. BLOSSOM (1968)
THE ASSASSINATION BUREAU (1968) coming Summer 2004
ROBINSON CRUSOE ON MARS (1964)
I MARRIED A MONSTER FROM OUTER SPACE (1958)
THE COLOSSUS OF NEW YORK (1958)
CONQUEST OF SPACE (1955)
SPACE CHILDREN (1958)
PHASE IV (1974)
DARK CITY (1950)
THE NAKED JUNGLE (1954)
DETECTIVE STORY (1951)
LADY IN A CAGE (1964)
CRACK IN THE WORLD (1965)
ACE IN THE HOLE/THE BIG CARNIVAL (1951)
THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH (1952) coming Spring 2004
THE MAN WHO COULD CHEAT DEATH (1959)
THE DOUBLE MAN (1967)
FRAULEIN DOKTOR (1968)
MONTE WALSH (1970, formerly Fox)
PRIME CUT (1972, formerly Fox)
BROADWAY BILL (1934, formerly Columbia) coming Summer 2004
THE WILD WILD WEST: Season One Set
THE FUGITIVE: Season One Set (The original 1960s series)
THE ADDAMS FAMILY: Season One Set (The original 1960s series)
THE INVADERS: Season One Set (The original 1960S series)
POLICE SQUAD!: Series Set
THE WESTERNER: Series Set

By the way, the recent DVDs of MURPHY'S WAR and THE DESPERATE HOURS were excellent, and I was also happy to see recent price drops on older Paramount DVDs, like BARBARELLA; thanks for those.

I'm really looking forward to the upcoming bounty of Paramount catalog DVDs, I'm definitely buying all of the following:

TARGETS
PAPER MOON
CAPTAIN KRONOS: VAMPIRE HUNTER
FRANKENSTEIN & THE MONSTER FROM HELL
BLACK SUNDAY
ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST
INDIANA JONES TRILOGY

Thanks once again for your time, Martin. Keep up the great work!

Cheers,

-Pete

Martin Blythe

Second Unit
Pete, yours is the longest request and not that I want to encourage people to start writing long requests, but yours was more informed than most. The DVD (of President's Analyst) is on the schedule for next year and yes, we are trying to clear the music you refer to. It's too early to say how that will go, however rest assured we do try. Some other titles where we have been successful in restoring the original music are the upcoming Paper Moon and Daisy Miller, as well as The Great Gatsby (due by year's end) and Day of the Locust (due next year). I trust this is of interest.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Martin,

Wow, thanks much for the speedy reply. Very (cautiously) encouraging news. Sorry that the question was so long, but as you could see, the gist of the question would be difficult to make clear in just a few words. Plus I figured the post would a good way to bring those readers unaware of the problem up to speed.

I'm very pleased with the direction Paramount has been taking in the last year or so, and the super-duper ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST DVD will be icing on the cake.

Good luck to you, sir, and have a great weekend. :emoji_thumbsup:

-Pete

TerryW

Stunt Coordinator
I'm fairly certain this will fall on deaf ears but...

Mr. Blythe, ever since you hinted at even the slightest possibility of releasing Dario Argento's FOUR FLIES ON GREY VELVET I've been awaiting any details of its progress.

I would love to know if:

A. Paramount still retains the rights to release the film on dvd in the United States.

B. Paramount has proper sound and picture elements in which to make that dvd.

C. Paramount would need to spend time and money to restore any element of the film for release on dvd.

D. Any foreign companies might be holding up the process of this or any other release worldwide on dvd.

E. All is going well do we have a timeframe of when we can expect the dvd? 2004? 2005?

F. The dvd will be completely uncut and 2.35:1 and whether or not it'll have any extras like new interviews or documentaries.

Thank you for listening.

James L White

Supporting Actor
Martin can you comment on the status of Crazy People, Brain Donors, and Summer School, are any of the 3 being considered at the moment?

Bruce Morrison

Supporting Actor
Martin, it can't have escaped your notice that a lot of people have been making a lot of requests for Paramount back catalog titles. So why not have another Paramount poll on this forum? Maybe let us each vote for our top five titles. That would be the best way of letting all of us make these requests in one go!

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
will always hold out hope to see these on my shelf some day;

Love With The Proper Stranger

Ace In The Hole

Let's Scare Jessica To Death

the Gordon Scott Tarzans would be fun to see again as well.

and i'll be looking forward to finally seeing Day Of the Locust.
hopefully Foul Play, another title that was mentioned last year will show up in the not too distant future as well.

also, if you do get the Republic catalog-
a 16:9 remaster of Invasion Of The Body Snatchers would be most welcome.

Tim_Prasuhn

Stunt Coordinator
another vote for
FIRE IN THE SKY

very creepy film. Deserving of a release, hopefully.

Also, a vote for K-2: The Ultimate High. Great mountain movie. Please, uncut as well.

Thanks for listening to this, and to other requests, Mr. Blythe. I'm very glad you continue to take an interest in this forum, and havent let the uglier aspects of things (and people) to stop your involvment. :)

Bruce Morrison

Supporting Actor
It's good to see that 'Heartburn' has been mentioned in one or two lists. It's been on my most-wanted DVD list for ages. I think this is still Meryl Streep's finest screen performance - and Jack Nickolson is excellent as well. Please Paramount, can we have this one soon?

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
I'll add my own short, but sweet, list to those that have been proposed earlier

Event Horizon (1997) (director's cut)
The Sender (1982)
The Wild, Wild West (CBS sixties series)
The New Twilight Zone (1985-'89)(if Paramount controls the rights) (everyone has his own favorite episodes; mine are: "Nightcrawlers", "Opening Day", "Need to Know", "Gramma", "The Shadow Man", "A Little Peace and Quiet", "The Beacon", "Monsters!", "A Small Talent for War", "The Elevator", "Button, Button", "Red Snow", "Something in the Walls")

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks