What's new

The next Star Wars movie will be influenced by this... (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Don't worry about this kid. How long before he gets a shot on Leno/Letterman and becomes a minor celebrity?

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
The thing I don't get is that I have read that the guy who runs jedimaster.net who helped raise all that money for him said that Ghyslain wasn't really bothered by it. THis is probably his parents trying to get some money, but I don't know for sure....

Brenton

Screenwriter
I downloaded Star Wars Kid 2.0. It was awesome.

I read on TheForce.net that he had to be homeschooled for the rest of the year because kids at school were giving him a bad time.

James T

Screenwriter
I read on TheForce.net that he had to be homeschooled for the rest of the year because kids at school were giving him a bad time.
I'm not surprised. His mother said that this was actually for a drama class where he wanted to show his partners how to act out the "action scenes". Poor kid. You want to be a celebrity, but not like that.

I saw the original remix months ago, but these new videos are just too funny.

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
I feel bad for him. Everyone has had their dorky moments- even those who aren't typically considered "dorky." I'm not suprised that people were giving him a hard time. Young adults can be hard enough on each other as it is, let alone with ammunition like a video that he shot. It is unfortunate that people have to be so hard on one another, but I have accepted it as an unfortunate fact of life. To use Star Wars terminology, there are a hell of a lot more Sith than Jedi.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
I feel bad for the kid...even if the remixes are funny. We ALL had our dork-moments. Pretty sure I've got some videos at home...that I need to burn. ;)

I *still* really wonder if he was originally trying to do anything Star Wars related. The sounds he was making in the original clip sound more like weapon-clash/martial-art sounds to my ears... and I think the geek-community sees anything that resembles a quarter-staff as a double-bladed saber these days... dunno.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
This brat and parents are sueing the kids who initially put the video up for 250k a piece. This little punk needs a good schoolyard whooping to smack him back into reality.

This kid needs to suck it up and move on. This is part of growing up and if he can't deal with this as a kid he's gonna be torn apart when he gets into the real world when he grows up.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...star+wars+kid/

If he would have just come out and laughed with everyone and admitted he was just fooling around and its not big deal it would have been fine, but no he had to try and fight back and that just made it worse. This kid has no common sense.

Ian C

Stunt Coordinator
This kid needs to suck it up and move on. This is part of growing up and if he can't deal with this as a kid he's gonna be torn apart when he gets into the real world when he grows up.
I would have to agree. Everybody has something humiliating in their past. His parents need to teach him to handle it and laugh it off rather than attack some other kids and make the situation worse. When he grows up, he'll have a great story to share...unless they carry on with this lawsuit thing.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Gee Mike, do you really think it's a good idea to advocate bullying
Gee Scott, obviously dark humor is not your strong point. But thats cool, you stand on your high moral soap box (as people tend to do, don't want to be too non-PC afterall), I'll stay down here and act like a normal well grounded adult who realizes that school is a tough environment and tell it like it is. Bullies in school are part of growing up. Everyone gets bullied, even the bullies get bullied. The problem is that in these days when it happens it gets blamed on tv and movies and games instead of admiting its a fact of life. And instead of the little brat standing up for himself he turns to mom and dad and claims he's been psychologically scarred for life. Total BS. Teaching your kid that if you are picked on in school to not worry about it because we'll just turn around and sue the bully for 250k is wrong. Oh and yes, giving this brat a proper whooping is justified because obviously this kid and his parents need a wake up call. Sueing some kids families because of a video with some other kid acting goofy on it. Whats next? Sueing little billy because he put bubble gum in poor little kimmies hair?

This is a HORRIBLE way to raise a kid. This kid is one more example of why you should have to pass a test before having children. He's going to grow up, get a job and be treated like crap by his employer some day. Whats going to happen is the kid is going to remember school and how that was solved. So he's going to go cry to some lawyer and whine about not getting a raise or not getting a promotion. "But, but, but mommy! Its not fair!" Tough kid, lifes not fair. Its better you learn that now instead of when your life is on the line.

Hell Lucas supposedly saw this. People were collecting money for this kid to send him stuff. He has so many fans because of this, but his parents are so blinded they can't see the possibilities.

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
Mike,

I am glad you said it, cause I couldn't have put it so well. You know, I got bullied pretty early on in school, but it taught me to be tough, and make certain decisions. Yeah, I look back and it sucked, but I am happy now that it happened. I think it made me a stronger person.

Brandon

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Mike, you seem to be jumping to an awful lot of conclusions and casting judgements based on very little information or facts. Yes everyone is entitled to an opinion, but it might be better to not share that opinion unless it is an informed one.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I'll stay down here and act like a normal well grounded adult who realizes that school is a tough environment and tell it like it is. Bullies in school are part of growing up. Everyone gets bullied, even the bullies get bullied. The problem is that in these days when it happens it gets blamed on tv and movies and games instead of admiting its a fact of life.
From one politically non correct person to another, I agree on that completely.

I wonder how in the hell society, or even humankind, has made it this far without sensitivity training for everyone?

For those that equate political correctness with being polite: guess again. PC is forced silence. Speak up and face ostrization or shut up and be "correct". Being polite is out of the goodness of your heart. Not because you "have to". If I choose to be nice and polite to someone, it's because mom and dad taught me to be respectable and the person I'm talking to deserves it. NOT because if I speak out against some crap I don't believe in I'll face getting slammed by some whiny ass special interest group that makes you out to be some damn near neo-nazi if you don't march in syncopation to their particular drum beat.

...damn, starting to rant. Definitely wrong forum. *putting soapbox away*

Anyhoo...how's everyone doin? :)

Videogames are great.
Star Wars kicks ass.
Rock on Garth; rock on Wayne. Link Removed

...whoa! As an added note, I started replying to this post while in the videogames software forum, and when I got done posting, I was in the after hours lounge! I did the time warp. Feeling disoriented...;)

D. Scott MacDonald

Supporting Actor
Obviously bullying is a way of life in school, but does that mean that we should advocate it?

I see it this way: Here's this kid who looks to be in an awkward phase, a little overweight, and a bit nerdy. Maybe he doesn't have a lot of friends, and is probably already picked on to some extent. One day he films this for a drama project, and some kids that obviously want to make fun of him take it to a whole new level. The next thing you know, the whole world is laughing at this kid. Whatever friends he had has probably abandoned him, and those that sat on the fence have now joined in on the fun. Even adults are laughing at him (as you describe yourself), so what's to say that his teachers aren't also making fun of him behind his back?

So basically this kid is in such desperate straights that he can't even go to public school anymore, so he has to be home schooled (which of course greatly increases the families burden). If the kid had any self esteem to begin with, it is now long gone. How does a good parent correct this? Tell me, because I want to be good parent? Do you just keep telling your kid to keep on taking it and hope that he doesn't commit suicide?

Now the kids that put this out on the Internet in the first place are the dregs or society. I have no sympathy toward them. Their actions have caused measurable harm.

So how would you fix this? You indicate that this is only preparation for the "real world", but in fact the implications of this are more than I've ever experienced in the "real world". How many of us have had to suffer world wide humiliation and physical abuse for something that we didn't even start? The "real world" can be a harsh place, but there are usually legal means to right wrongs. This thing has become a much bigger monster than the kid has the kid and his family are able to deal with. Maybe suing them isn't the right solution, but I don't see how advocating whooping this kids ass will make anything better.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Yeah I did pop this in the wrong forum! Opps. Oh well. I agree about the bullying thing.

As far as the kids video is concerned, I wouldn't be surprised if he was just being goofy and hadn't intended to show THAT actual footage to someone. He was probably just having fun with no intention of showing it to anyone. He might have been practicing to put something together or see how it looked, but by the way he was going wild on the tape, I think he was just going nuts for the heck of it.

But what I keep thinking is how easy it would be nowadays to whip up a goofy home made movie and add special affects. You don't need to be a big studio. I wish more people would write some fun material, find some of their friends who they feel can act, and direct a fun home made movie themselves and pop it on the net. I'm surprised there isn't more of that out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks