What's new

King of the Hill Season 2 Specs? (1 Viewer)

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
So now that King of the Hill season 2 has been announced for Nov. 11 (it's a 4 disc set, already up for pre-order at some places -- VideoUniverse.com has it for $34.99), has anything been announced about what the extras will be this time around -- the only thing I know for sure is that Kathy Najimy has recorded more of those in-character commentaries as Peggy -- and whether they're continuing the season 1 policy of including all the episodes from the season production cycle? (In the case of the season 2 cycle there were two episodes that didn't air till season 3: "Peggy's Headache" and the cliffhanger-resolving "Death of a Propane Salesman.")

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
IIRC, there is still a bit of confusion over the release date. Maybe David could bring his knowledge in here, but I'm pretty sure that it hasn't been "officially" announced yet. Amazon had to pull their preorder page as a result.

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
Amazon hasn't gotten around to re-listing it yet, but the preorder info at videouniverse (and Barnes and Noble, and other sites) was added within the last week, so it seems to be based on the official announcement.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Here's David's post from the other thread...

Amazon had posted that date, and then we saw it and posted it (along with a ton of other Fox titles and dates that Amazon had posted early). Looking before we leapt, it seems we were. We double-checked with Fox, and the result was this: Fox said that Amazon jumped the gun, and that they'd get the e-tailer to remove the dates.

We removed some of the listings at our site, and KotH S2 was one of them (I just checked with site owner Gord Lacey, and he's sure that's what happened). Many of them were definately missed, though, and perhaps that's the cause of your confusion: we weren't really consistant about what we did. Blame Gord!

I suppose we can put it back, because now we have this information (confirmed by Fox) that the 11/11 date for KotH S2 is definately correct.

In fact, a lot of the dates we originally got turned out to be correct. Many of them turned out to be different, though, so I guess attempting to pull the dates was the right thing to do in the long run.

Coming from an extensive retail background, I can even tell you what happened with Amazon: A Fox rep was discussing the fall/winter schedule with an Amazon buyer, and showed them a list of titles that were definate, with tentative dates for each title. Some of those dates turned out to be true in the end, others needed adjusting. But the Amazon guy either didn't hear the Fox guy, or chose to forget what he heard, or left it on his desk where someone found it and assumed it was for real. Anyway, one hand didn't know what the other hand was doing, and so a flunky at Amazon was given this list and told to set up listing for them.

Stuff like this happens all the time, honestly. It's just not always with DVDs.

So it looks like the 11th is correct.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
. . .and whether they're continuing the season 1 policy of including all the episodes from the season production cycle?
Also note that the episodes on the S1 set are in production order, not airdate order. So it seems they are using production seasons and not air seasons.

I sure hope they continue this way. Otherwise they would have to duplicate at least one episode from the S1 set on the S2 set.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
11/11 indeed. I just got the full specs and the cover art. This is just for you, Jaime, since you had the Looney Tunes info! :D

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
Aw. For the record, the titles of the episodes with in-character commentaries are as follows:

5E05: "Husky Bobby" (Bobby becomes a model) -- commentary by Peggy, Luanne, Bobby
5E07: "The Man Who Shot Cane Skretteburg" (The guys battle some annoying teenagers at paintball) -- commentary by Dale, Bill, Cotton (who isn't even in this episode, but so what)
5E15: "Three Days of the Kahndo" (The Hills go to Mexico with Kahn and his family) -- commentary by Dale, Bill, Kahn
5E18: "Leanne's Saga" (Luanne's violent alcoholic mother is released from prison and gets engaged to Bill) -- commentary by Peggy, Bobby, Luanne

I guess Mike Judge just doesn't do audio commentaries...

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Sweet! The rest of the year starting in September is soooooo painful. But soooooo good :D

Darren Haycock

Second Unit
Awesome! And I love those character commentaries. Remember the one with Bobby and Peggy and the plastic model head? It's like two episodes in one!:emoji_thumbsup:

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
Dvdplanet's listing suggests that there might also be some writer/director commentaries in there (I hope so, because while in-character commentaries are fun, behind-the-scenes commentaries are more informative).

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
WOOHOO!!! :D Cant wait...love this show to death! Anyone catch last week's episode about the lady-extreminator? Genius!

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
That episode last week was hilarious. I can't remember the exact line, but I love Dale's "It's like God combined your hot bod with my intellect in some horrible experiment gone...RIGHT!"

I definitely can't wait to pick this set up.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Dvdplanet's listing suggests that there might also be some writer/director commentaries in there (I hope so, because while in-character commentaries are fun, behind-the-scenes commentaries are more informative).
I saw that, but I had to figure they weren't paying attention. The list of extras posted at TVShowsOnDVD is a cut-and-paste from a Fox Home Video document. I guess Fox could have left something off, but it should be the same document DVDPlanet was working off of, so I think there was a misinterpretation. There ARE director intros to many of the episodes, though. I hope it's not gonna turn into the Matt-and-Trey thing on South Park though. I HATE their intros (and that you must FF instead of Skip is infuriating).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks