What's new

Any car audio competitors on HTF then? (1 Viewer)

Rodon

Second Unit
I compete SLAP DB Stock 161-260 and IASCA IDBL 161-260 Stock. Any other competitors on this site?

I am doing the Extreme Autofest show in Chicago at McCormick Place - TKE IASCA event. www.iasca.com

I also have my 80 points for SLAP finals already this year. www.slapshow.com

Anyone else play the Car Audio competition game??

Since we started listing systems:
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ Amethyst Metalic
Alpine CDA-7998
Alpine CHA-S624 changer
US Amps 4300 for components and mids
2 Earthquake PHD2 Shredders
((Just got in two 2003 Orion 2500D mono amps - 2500watts regulated apiece at 1ohm - Chrome and Huge -10.25 Tall X 27.25" long!! each))
2 Digital Designs DD9512E 12" subs (2003 model with full fiber dust cap)
6 Cube 1" plexi Bob Gately enclosure
A/D/S 346is components
Digital Design 6.5 mids
RWAudio Line driver 2.16MS
2 Stinger SP1700 Batteries in back
1 Yellow Top under the hood.
All Stinger wiring and accessories (Dream and HPM) in Silver and Purple.
LinearX PCRTA with M53 High spl mic and PAC4 box

www.sounddomain.com/id/rodon for pictures

NicholasL

Second Unit
I am not sure what that competition is, but to add to the list, here is my system:

Alpine IVA-800 LCD Screen and DVD Navigation system
AudioControl Three.1 EQ
Boston Acoustics ProSeries 6.5 (2 pairs)
2 15" Eclipse Aluminum Subs
Xtant 1001dx and 604x Amplifiers
2 Scoche Lightning stiffening caps
Optima Yellow Top deep cycle battery
Pheonix Gold wiring all the way around

JessPrice

Stunt Coordinator
I compete in the Stock/Street 300-600 class and the Street 1-2 class. I have been to 4 competitions and won 3 of them. The one where I got 2nd, I blew my 80 amp fuse :frowning:

I have:
Alpine CDA-7876 ---> For Sale
AudioControl Epic-150 ---> For Sale
AudioControl THREE.1 ---> For Sale
Crystal C60t components
JL 300/4 ---> For Sale
Cadence A7+HC
15 Adire Brahma in a ported box @ 25hz

Highest I ever hit was 149.2 dB

Andrew S

Stunt Coordinator
Nicholas, I don't compete but what do you hit and on what mic?
Just curious.
Andrew

NicholasL

Second Unit
Modified M2 class, LinearX PCRTA mic placed passenger side dash, hit 152.1 dB. Had trouble hearing for the rest of the day.

What kinda setup you running, Andrew?

Andrew S

Stunt Coordinator
Me? I just have a modest stereo composing of a Tempest in 4.5 cf tuned to 23 and 45 hz with pluggable ports. It's only getting 300 watts from a used planet audio amp I bought, not sure the model number, which is unusual cause I ALWAYS memorize my model numbers for everything.

I wouldn't dare compete with what I have, but someday, I'll have my brahmas.. too bad they cost 700 here in Canada :frowning:

Andrew

Rodon

Second Unit
NicholasL, 2 15" Alums and a x1001 (and CAPS?) doing Linear 152s?? Would like to see it in action. You like MECA?? :)

Any pics of the setup?

NicholasL

Second Unit
I love Meca, pretty amazed that the one team, i forget their name, basically swept the M2 class by a landslide for the 2002 championships. I would post some pics if I had a digital camera, but here is a pic of the exterior of my truck (if it's of any interest):

JessPrice

Stunt Coordinator
I could comete with you if I didn't have a 65 amp alt. and some caps and whatnot to support my power supply. My electrical supply beaters out well before I can hear my brahma strain. Ahh an ohio generator cost soooo much though, I will not do it.

Rodon

Second Unit
NicolasL, Very Nice! I love SUVs for SPL. Would like to see your install sometime. You offroad at all?

I have the 290amp Ohio Gen for my Jeep. I bought it 1year old for $500 and sent it to Gus for an overhaul wich was $99, I am very happy with it.

JeePrice you looked into regulated amps at all?

JessPrice

Stunt Coordinator
Naw, I am done with my Car Stereo, selling bits and pieces of it now actually. More into Home sound, lots better imo :D But I am keeping my brahma and cadence amp for some serious bass if I feel like it.

I know my car can hit a lot louder than 149.2 because I hit that number while just playing regular music at a competition. If i try to do tones or sweeps, it pops my fuse or causes serious power strain.

NicholasL

Second Unit
Jess, how come you're selling you system? It was bomb! But yeah, home theater is much better when you step up to the higher end gear. For a long time my car was the premier sound system of my 3 (car, computer, and living room). But now my living room absolutely blows everything out of the water.

RODON, yes, I do offroad...not lately, but quite a bit in the past. Check the thread I began called "anybody into trucks and offroading" in the "after hours lounge" section of this site. People there are discussing and posting pics of their rigs. Would love to see yours. Jeeps are, after all, the most capable offroad vehicles when comparing stock vehicles. (with the exception of perhaps the hummer...not the H2...the hummer).

JessPrice

Stunt Coordinator
I need the money for the home theater ;) Plus I can't appriciate my car stereo enough for it to be worth as much as it is now.

Jeff_Krueger

Stunt Coordinator
Haven't gone to any comps yet but I want to compete in SQ, just need to finish my install off, I have all the equipment just not the time get everything done the way I want. In a bonneville I'm running:

Premier DEH-930P
JL Audio 300/4
Nakamichi PA1002
JL Audio 5.25XR components in doors for now but will be going into fiberglass kick panels
JL Audio 12W0 in ported enclosure, but will be replaced with a 12W3v2 in a custom fiberglass box that I'm halfway done with
2 JL Audio 6W0's in doors once the components get moved

I'm focusing on doing a good install, with an amprack and sub box that will look custom but also integrate into the car very well and keeping the trunk very functional.

Unfortunately there do not seem to be too many Sq comps in my area

JessPrice

Stunt Coordinator
You're getting v2's? From my experience, the v2's are a step down. JL has turned to the mass market appeal more-so when they first starte out as a subwoofer-only quality counts company. The v2's are flashier and of lesser quality, imo.

Leif Wall

Second Unit
Here's my equip. list at the moment:

H/U: Panasonic CQ-DFX700U
(2) JL 15w3s 10 cube ported box tuned to 32hz
Sub amp: JBL 1200.1
Image Dynamics Chameleon Components 6.5 (2 ohm version)
Mid/High amp: JBL 180.2
190 amp Iraggi Alt.
Stinger wiring

This is in an 89 Ford Ranger.

I don't compete, never even been metered. I'm thinking of swapping out my JLs and getting a couple Elemental Designs 15As or some Resonant Engineering 15 HCs. Been looking around for a 2k watt amp as well. Would definitely do a full-out wall in my truck too.

One of my friends has a 94 or 95 Dodge Intrepid with a 20 cube wall for an 18" Beyond Audio Inhuman. Going to be ran off 2 JBL 1200.1s, I need to get some pics of it!!!

Jeff_Krueger

Stunt Coordinator
You're getting v2's? From my experience, the v2's are a step down. JL has turned to the mass market appeal more-so when they first starte out as a subwoofer-only quality counts company. The v2's are flashier and of lesser quality, imo.
The only difference between the W3 and the W3v2 is the basket is silver and the dustcap is domed in cosmetically speaking, on an actual performance basis there is added cooling for the voice coil for more power handeling, I think otherwise it is pretty much the same speaker still. Perhaps you thinking of the W6v2? That one is a radical departure from the previous incarnation of itself.

I really hope to get it finished this summer so I can at least take it to one comp this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks