What's new

Custom box designs (where to get them) (1 Viewer)

Juan Castillo

Second Unit
OK, I have a 2001 Cheverolet Silverado, LS trim. Extended cab seating consists of a bench that folds up. I have scoured the net for pictures of other peoples installs and have seen some nice stuff that can be considered "stealth" and some not so nice stuff that would attract too many would be theives.

I have had audio systems before, from aftermarket all in one systems like SAS Bazookas, to custom boxes that I have made for individual subs. I for one, prefer sealed boxes for that kick. My dilemna is, I don't know how to build a box, that isn't a rectangle. I mean, I don't know how to adjust dimensions properly when angles and gaps come in to play.

Any hints to sites dealing with 2000 and up silverados and if possible, someones schematics would be great. I have heard that 10's are the biggest subs you can put in my truck without having to raise the bench.

Aghhh.. I have so many ideas, but no skills to produce whats in my head, or what I have seen.

Oh yeah, I don't have any components yet, truck is still factory. So any suggestions on what brands, to models and sizes of subs, amps, and component speaker sets would be great. Just keep it modest. Thanks

Rodon

Second Unit
JLAudio also makes a stealth box for your truck. I think it is 2 12W3s in their box. Check JLAudio.com and see what they have to offer.

Mark gas

Second Unit
There is a guy on elitecaraudio.com and his name is mr.marv be is a cabnet maker buy trade and he hades some very good boxes. Much better than those pre fab ones.

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
Now a box like that for the silverados is made usually out of 50-75% fiberglass. So it isnt really easy like a square box.

Juan Castillo

Second Unit
I've seen all the prefab boxes, but was looking for more "personal" substitute for custom...Frankly I haven't heard much good about prefabs anyway. I have seen quite a few boxes that didn't have a strand of fiberglass in them, but like I said, the math needed to add for angles and such is a reach for me. I guess I just need to sit down and try to figure out what I need to do. I have such a pretty picture in my head, just need to make it happen. Thanks all for your replies. I'm guessing I will start looking for components and go from there.

PE has some pretty nice DVC 8"ers that would add that little bit(hopefully not so little) of kick that I want with my rock/metal and enough boom to make my Hardcore techno sound better.Though, I Will likely start off with upgrading the separates in the doors and amplification and then go from there.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks