-

Photo
- - - - -

MACGYVER: In Theaters 2004

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 of 23 OFFLINE   Kyle Tippett

Kyle Tippett

Stunt Coordinator

• 168 posts

Posted July 23 2003 - 06:59 AM

Any fans? IMDB has a Macgyver film set up for est. release in 2004, From NEW LINE (LOTR Trilogy), and it si being directed and i think also written by the creator of the TV Series. Anyone know aobut this? anyone know if "MacGyver" will be in it?(Richard Dean Anderson)

I'm psyched either way!

#2 of 23 OFFLINE   Matt Pasant

Matt Pasant

Second Unit

• 495 posts

Posted July 23 2003 - 09:25 AM

I couldnt see anyone other than Richard Dean Anderson playing the role.

#3 of 23 OFFLINE   Tom Tsai

Tom Tsai

Supporting Actor

• 565 posts

Posted July 23 2003 - 09:26 AM

Man, I hope this is true! so excited now! Posted Image

#4 of 23 OFFLINE   Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted July 23 2003 - 09:45 AM

This should be in Movies, but it's probably an outgrowth of the Young MacGuyver series, where it was supposed to be his nephew

#5 of 23 OFFLINE   Beau

Beau

Supporting Actor

• 503 posts

Posted July 23 2003 - 09:51 AM

It's been a while since news on this has been said. If nothing new comes about this sometime soon, I would doubt it would be released by next year. Lee David Zlotoff, who is credited as the creator of the show, only wrote the first pilot episode, and had NOTHING to do with the rest of the series. So hopefully since he's going to write/produce/direct this(if this does happen), it'll be in the spirit of the first season of MacGyver, the best episodes of the series when Mac was too busy spying to bother with the challenger's club(those were the WROST episodes IMO). Though I'm worried this may not happen since no news has come out for quite a long while. And Richard Dean Anderson can be the only MacGyver!

Quote:
but it's probably an outgrowth of the Young MacGuyver series, where it was supposed to be his nephew
Though I don't know anything for sure, I heard that the Young MacGyver series has already been cancelled, I don't know if it's true, or if any episodes have even been filmed yet, so I'll have to wait to hear more about that.

#6 of 23 OFFLINE   Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted July 23 2003 - 09:59 AM

No episodes were ever filmed, it wasn't greenlighted for a pilot

#7 of 23 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted July 24 2003 - 01:27 AM

So....where's the TV series on DVD? Posted Image
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#8 of 23 OFFLINE   RossH

RossH

Stunt Coordinator

• 91 posts

Posted July 24 2003 - 01:38 AM

Oh man, bring that on! I trashed my Beta tapes a few years back, and have regretted it ever since. Posted Image

As far as a feature film, it better be Richard Dean Anderson...Ben Affleck need not apply! Posted Image

#9 of 23 OFFLINE   Kyle Tippett

Kyle Tippett

Stunt Coordinator

• 168 posts

Posted July 24 2003 - 01:53 AM

New Line's got money to burn... and theyre not run by the Wienstiens (sp) so it shouldnt sit on a shelf for too long, od hope. Plus, who knows if its a stem off from the new series, it could very well be a marketing tactic to get original fans of the series to watch the new series when.if it comes out... or even used to form a general consensus of how popular the tv series will/will not be. By the way, AFFLECK??? i Where the hell did that come from? is that Jacka%% supposed to be in the new series? Or is Casey going to get out of the desert and star in it? either way i hope their name is clear from the credits, especially opening.

#10 of 23 OFFLINE   ace peterson

ace peterson

Second Unit

• 342 posts

Posted July 24 2003 - 07:22 AM

I'm crossing my fingers for this one! RDA is the only MacGyver. This is the first I've heard of a big-screen movie. I have also heard that 'Young MacGyver' has been halted.

#11 of 23 OFFLINE   Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh

Screenwriter

• 2,968 posts

Posted July 24 2003 - 07:27 AM

MacGyver was my favorite series growing up. I was problably the first to buy MacGyver "the movie" stock on HSX. Posted Image Sadly that went down to like zero now.

I hope they do bring on the movie and of course Richard Dean Anderson is the only one to play Mac.

Hopefully they will at least bring out season dvd's. I like to think that the quality of the episodes is directly related to the car that Mac was currently driving. When he had his Jeep, those were the best episodes. The yellow truck, they started to go down, then by the time he got his blue chevy it was nothing but inner city kids stuff.

MacGyver had a son in the final episode so I would think that would be more likely than say his nephew.

#12 of 23 OFFLINE   Hendrik

Hendrik

Supporting Actor

• 596 posts

Posted July 24 2003 - 07:36 AM

...diffidently: ...isn't RDA (IMDb gives his year of birth as 1950 ! ) a bit long in the tooth...?...

. . . Posted Image . . .

#13 of 23 OFFLINE   AllanN

AllanN

Supporting Actor

• 952 posts

Posted July 24 2003 - 08:16 AM

Quote:
watch the new series

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

There is a new series?
“Aquaba is over there, it’s only a matter of going.” –Lawrence "I am not now, nor have I ever been a psychologist" -Mumford
"...you can't control who gets hit or who doesn't, who falls our of a chopper or why. It ain't up to you. Its just war." -Hoot
"Fear is the path to the dark...

#14 of 23 OFFLINE   Ben Osborne

Ben Osborne

Second Unit

• 475 posts

Posted July 24 2003 - 09:47 AM

I know two people who are going to be very happy about this:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#15 of 23 OFFLINE   RossH

RossH

Stunt Coordinator

• 91 posts

Posted July 24 2003 - 01:09 PM

Kyle: No, don't worry, I hadn't heard anything about Affleck as MacGyver...just using him as the universal example of actors being mis-cast, and since he took over as Jack Ryan.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Meantime, they should put the series on DVD, season by season.

#16 of 23 OFFLINE   Kyle Tippett

Kyle Tippett

Stunt Coordinator

• 168 posts

Posted July 25 2003 - 09:44 AM

deffinitley, or even VHS in the states, i was searching ebay for someone who had taped the stuff off of tv and is trying to sell them, with commercials, and i cant even get that.. just some euro Pal tapes, and i dont feel like upgrading to a freakin samsung diamond head right now to play them.
ive got to get a LD player for star wars anyway.

#17 of 23 OFFLINE   John Madia

John Madia

Second Unit

• 259 posts

Posted July 26 2003 - 03:19 PM

I began watching this on TV Land a couple of months ago and have seen a smattering of episodes from seasons 1, 4, 5 and 6. I hope the movie doesn't mess up what made the show work, namely the Macgyverisms and Macgyver being a good role model for children. Also, Richard Dean Anderson's presence is part of what made the series so enduring and would be hard to duplicate.

My hope for the movie is that they make is a bit more serious but keep it fun at the same time. Of all the Macgyver episodes I've seen, I wouldn't describe any as truly great but some were a lot of fun.

If they're not going to acknowledge the series at all, they might just want to go back to the beginning and start there. Have the movie about Macgyver, how he joins the phoenix foundation and solves whatever problem is plaguing them at that time. It might be wise to cast an actor who's fairly unknown so you can branch out into sequels or even another tv series (considering that young macgyver might not see the light of day).

Just keep the opening theme song! Posted Image

#18 of 23 OFFLINE   BryanZ

BryanZ

Screenwriter

• 1,215 posts

Posted July 28 2003 - 08:45 AM

RDA is the MacGyver. Have to admit it would be interesting to see them make the movie and try to do some sort of tie in with SG-1 as he is now Colonel Jack O'Neil. Kinda ironic too. Going from one role where he despises guns to another toting around an M-16. Gotta love it!

#19 of 23 OFFLINE   Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted July 28 2003 - 09:57 AM

Actually, I don't think Jack O'Neil has ever touched an M-16. They went from MP5s to this gun I can't identify with a much larger magazine that takes up most of the stock.

#20 of 23 OFFLINE   Beau

Beau

Supporting Actor

• 503 posts

Posted July 28 2003 - 03:34 PM

Quote:
Kinda ironic too. Going from one role where he despises guns to another toting around an M-16. Gotta love it!
Yeah, watching Mac all the time, them catching an episode of SG-1, where RDA is hardly ever seen without him holding a big gun. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!Posted Image

Forum Nav Content I Follow