-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Recommend PS2 racing games

PlayStation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,117 posts

Posted July 22 2003 - 05:31 PM

I've been playing Gran Turismo 3 for some time and the recent Grand Theft Auto series and Nascar Thunder 2002 on Playstation 2.

I'm looking for recommendations to a great Indy car and Formula1 racing games. I like to drive the road courses too, not just the ovals. While I guess that the F1 games cover European tracks, particularly Monaco, I'd like to race American courses too like Laguna Seca and the road course at Long Beach for example. So I'll assume that the American courses I'd like to drive would only be in a Indy game.

I'd like to know if there are good flying games too, like a Top Gun type with combat.

Thanks, Nelson

#2 of 6 Mike Pattee

Mike Pattee

Second Unit

• 317 posts

Posted July 23 2003 - 02:11 AM

For a good F1 game I've heard nothing but praise for grand prix challenge. Lately I've just had too many other games to check it out though. If you enjoy simulation type games pick up F-355 challenge. Very hard but very fun game. Has plenty of modes all driving a ferrari F-355 but its not like driving a ferrari is bad. F-355 has at least laguna seca and suzuka also has a bunch of others.
Playing NFL2k3, Capcom VS SNK 2, Unreal Championship, Mechassault and motogp online.

#3 of 6 paul h

paul h

Supporting Actor

• 551 posts

Posted July 23 2003 - 04:01 AM

Ace Combat 4 should satisfy your Top Gun requirement Posted Image

#4 of 6 Daniel Becker

Daniel Becker

Second Unit

• 383 posts

Posted July 23 2003 - 04:41 AM

Yeah big thumbs up to Ace Combat 4! Posted Image Best flight combat action game available. As for racing I think Burnout 2 could be the most amazing racer ever made. Seriously, if you want to play a game that makes you feel like your in the movie Fast and the Furious this is it. Just make sure to pickup Burnout 2 and not the first. The first one is ok but not even close to the second.

Also worth mentioning: Ridge Racer 5 and ATV Offroad Fury 2.

Dan.B

#5 of 6 Tony-B

Tony-B

Producer

• 3,768 posts

Posted July 23 2003 - 08:55 AM

NEED FOR SPEED: HOT PURSUIT 2! It isn't an F1 game, but it is still really awesome and fun to play.
DVD Collection/Video Game Collection/Music Collection
"The Weighted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you." -GLaDOS

#6 of 6 Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,117 posts

Posted July 23 2003 - 09:23 AM

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I have played NFS-Hot Pursuit 2 and it's pretty cool.

I'll be looking these up and check one or two out.

Nelson