Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The ongoing Nip/Tuck Season 1 thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
83 replies to this topic

#1 of 84 Dwight Amato

Dwight Amato

Stunt Coordinator

• 193 posts

Posted July 22 2003 - 03:30 PM

Anyone watch this show tonight? I really enjoyed it. I could not belief half the stuff they showed or said on the show. Some of it was a little over the top, but still great.

Looking forward to next week!

#2 of 84 Ryan_C

Ryan_C

Second Unit

• 375 posts

Posted July 22 2003 - 03:32 PM

I thought it was pretty good. The opening sequence was pretty wild for cable even. I will definitely be giving the next episodes a watch in the coming weeks.
Youth would be an ideal state if it came much later in life.

#3 of 84 Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter

• 1,252 posts

Posted July 22 2003 - 03:52 PM

This show freaking rocked.......Loved it......Both me and the wife were glued to the set, I could see how this show could be very addicting....great stuff, good acting, and great effects in the operating room.......good stuff...the sex scenes were too funny.........Very commical, "think I will fire the yard man" too funny....

Can't wait for next week too...

R~
My DVD Collection

#4 of 84 BrandonL

BrandonL

Stunt Coordinator

• 69 posts

Posted July 26 2003 - 08:02 AM

I really liked this show. My coworker really got into it too. Even my girlfriend liked it. Can't wait to see how they work the story.

#5 of 84 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Screenwriter

• 1,581 posts

Posted July 27 2003 - 08:19 AM

I liked the show quite a bit, I will definantly be watching next episode.
I have seen Larry David in action, and that man is an animal, and he has to be stopped.

#6 of 84 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,617 posts

Posted July 27 2003 - 10:30 AM

The juxtaposition of the separate sex scenes of the 2 plastic surgeons and their prospective partner was pretty interesting. I'm not really sure where this show is going, but it's going to be wild and bumpy ride!
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#7 of 84 Bill Kane

Bill Kane

Screenwriter

• 1,373 posts

Posted July 28 2003 - 09:36 AM

What's the channel and time slot for this show?

#8 of 84 Ryan_C

Ryan_C

Second Unit

• 375 posts

Posted July 28 2003 - 10:48 AM

Bill,

It's on F/X Tuesdays at 10 PM I believe...

#9 of 84 Ken Chan

Ken Chan

Producer

• 3,302 posts

Posted July 28 2003 - 01:17 PM

It repeats quite a few times during the week too.

//Ken

#10 of 84 Ryan_C

Ryan_C

Second Unit

• 375 posts

Posted July 29 2003 - 04:00 PM

Enjoyed tonights ep pretty well. Wonder if now Sean will let his son get his operation, if it's still possible?Posted Image

And I was glad to see Christian purposely have the twins over there when Sean's wife showed up, just to make sure she went back to Sean. Nice touch, although now he looks like an ass.

#11 of 84 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Screenwriter

• 1,581 posts

Posted July 30 2003 - 02:22 AM

I was squirming when the son made his first snip, UHG! "How bout we just make out tonight?" Also, I can't sit still during any of the operation scenes. Love the show.

I don't know why the Shrink wouldn't of known the two 18 year old twins would flip out after the operation or at least think they were too young.
I have seen Larry David in action, and that man is an animal, and he has to be stopped.

#12 of 84 Ken Chan

Ken Chan

Producer

• 3,302 posts

Posted July 30 2003 - 07:16 AM

Not sure if the show will follow-up on the twins, but it looked like only one had her nose taped up when they were with Christian. So they're not going to have "fixer" operations to look the same again?

I suppose bedding both of them at the same time would help ameliorate them feeling different, to some degree. Now that's professional dedication!

//Ken

#13 of 84 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Screenwriter

• 1,581 posts

Posted July 30 2003 - 08:34 AM

Quote:
I suppose bedding both of them at the same time would help ameliorate them feeling different, to some degree. Now that's professional dedication!

LOL.

I was thinking that after they both heal up, they will not be as hysterical as before. Of course a twin with no bandage on her face is better than a twin with one.

I liked the little bits of Christian being sick and out of work for a few weeks so he can heal form his Botox injections.

#14 of 84 Ryan_C

Ryan_C

Second Unit

• 375 posts

Posted July 30 2003 - 08:40 AM

Christian didn't bed them, did he? I thought he set it all up to turn Sean's wife back to her husband, and to want her to stay away from Christian. Reason I say this, when she walked in and saw the three of them, Christian looked right at her with this sinister grin on his face.

You would think if he HADN'T planned it, he would have jumped up or some other startling reaction when Sean's wife walked in on the threesome. Not just sat there. IMHO of course.

#15 of 84 Ken Chan

Ken Chan

Producer

• 3,302 posts

Posted July 30 2003 - 08:01 PM

I also thought he did set it up. But that doesn't mean he wouldn't try to make it completely authentic. It also seems easier to get the girls to participate through his usual methods, than to try to get them to go along with this elaborate ruse.

//Ken

#16 of 84 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,617 posts

Posted July 31 2003 - 12:35 AM

Anyone else think the son is really Christian's?
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#17 of 84 Ryan_C

Ryan_C

Second Unit

• 375 posts

Posted July 31 2003 - 01:15 AM

Ken, that's true as well. But since the twins were begging him to help them and change them back, he could have done the "you help me, I help you" trick.

Oohh, good one Patrick, I hadn't even considered that. Hmmm...

#18 of 84 RobertW

RobertW

Supporting Actor

• 719 posts

Posted July 31 2003 - 02:52 AM

Quote:
Anyone else think the son is really Christian's?

i think the daughter. in the first episode, he was talking to shawn about "our girl". i suppose he could be seen as a uncle-type to the family, but it just seemed he had a particular interest in the daughter, like sending her to private school and such.

but boy, that christian is a real prick, huh?

#19 of 84 Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter

• 1,252 posts

Posted July 31 2003 - 05:25 AM

Quote:
i think the daughter. in the first episode, he was talking to shawn about "our girl". i suppose he could be seen as a uncle-type to the family, but it just seemed he had a particular interest in the daughter, like sending her to private school and such.

That is what me and the wife think too...........

Quote:
but boy, that christian is a real prick, huh?

That is what makes his character a kick, anytime you get a man who loves money and women (and lots of women).......

I am interested to see who gets shot in the next episode....will it be the large lady killing herself or the new help getting shot by the large lady.............

R~

P.S. Does anybody know how well the show is doing ratings wise?
My DVD Collection

#20 of 84 Marque D

Marque D

Stunt Coordinator

• 222 posts

Posted August 03 2003 - 03:43 PM

Does anyone think that Sean's son (Matt) looks like the King of Pop? (All I looking for is a yes or no answer and not a bunch of anti MJ jokes)

I had a really hard time watching that last scene where Matt tried to circumcise him self. I could almost fell it.

Back to TV Programming

Forum Nav Content I Follow