Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Possible John doe origin explanation....

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,972 posts

Posted July 20 2003 - 02:45 AM

I read this at www.aint-it-cool-news.com So take it with a grain of salt.

Some cool stuff learned from the Fox presentation for the ongoing TCA tour:

1. There was a plan with “John Doe,” but it may have been a stupid plan. “When you're very close to death, when you're seeing the white light, God or a higher being gives you all the information of life to carry on to the next life," said Fox network entertainment president Gail Berman about what the show’s producers had in mind. The John Doe guy almost died, and that’s why he knew everything. Others knew what had happened to him, and didn’t want John Doe to figure it out. For some reason.

Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   GordonL

GordonL

Supporting Actor

• 771 posts

Posted July 20 2003 - 06:05 AM

I read a reference to that on the Washington Post site near the bottom of the article.

#3 of 10 ONLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,612 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted July 20 2003 - 07:58 AM

I really doubt that, considering it makes absolutely no sense in light of what came prior. P.S. It's AICN, which as a rule is approximately 95% wrong.

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   TheLongshot

TheLongshot

Producer

• 4,119 posts

Posted July 20 2003 - 12:35 PM

[quote] P.S. It's AICN, which as a rule is approximately 95% wrong. [quote]

Only if it isn't confirmed by another site...

Jason

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted July 20 2003 - 04:15 PM

It was definately uttered by a Fox Television exec, I think it was Gail Berman. I frankly think it was quite nice of her to resolve the mystery of a show they had no intention of continuing instead of leaving us hanging

#6 of 10 ONLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,612 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted July 21 2003 - 04:08 PM

But it makes no sense. Lots of people have had near death experiences, but they don't know everything. And it doesn't explain the tatoo, or the psychic stuff or the whole Pheonix thing. And just because a Fox exec said it doesn't make it true. If it were one of the showrunners then I'd... think they were on crack and it was good the show was cancelled before they had a chance to embarrass themselves. As it is: nope.

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   TheLongshot

TheLongshot

Producer

• 4,119 posts

Posted July 22 2003 - 03:16 AM

I take it as only an explination for one part of the show: where Doe gets his knowledge from. There still is a lot of stuff in the show that doesn't get explained: Who Doe is, why was he on that island, what the brand is, etc. Still plenty of stuff not explained. Jason

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 38,025 posts

Posted July 22 2003 - 04:05 AM

Also, don't forget when Doe's implant in his chest got zapped by electricity in one of the later episodes, and became normal again until another zap got his implant device working again, and he vision went back to black-n-white (with exception to certain things/people) and knowing everything.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   BrianW

BrianW

Screenwriter

• 2,554 posts

Posted July 23 2003 - 05:45 AM

Patrick, you beat me to it. I wish I had seen this thread yesterday. Doe's increased (and decreased) abilities are definitely a result of the implant, given everything that has happened up to now.
-Brian
Come, Rubidia. Let's blow this epoch.

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   BradG

BradG

Stunt Coordinator

• 69 posts

Posted July 24 2003 - 04:33 AM

Well, theoretically the implant could've been put in by the Phoenix organization to try and ascertain how it was that he knew so much - how they could maybe replicate his "talents" into others. While the near-death explanation seems faulty, and I don't agree with it, it could be used.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users