What's new

Weekly Roundup 7/22 (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I've put out a few fires yes, won a few battles, but the war goes on and on...

[c] [/c]

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed advertisements, the Sunday of the week of release (so as to catch any week-of-release sale prices). All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price. If a price is marked "$_N/A_" in the grid, it means that this title is not shown as available on that chain's website or perhaps in their ads...but it COULD still be in-stores!

$_"LP" means the advertisement says "Low Price", and $_"HP" means the advertisement says "Hot Price". Use of either of these in the Roundup grid indicates that I could not locate a definate price for the item, and the ad is all I have to go on. Retailers use these phrases in advertisements so that they do not violate MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) agreements with the studios. Doing so can cost them thousands or even millions of dollars in co-op advertising funds.

I only include the titles I feel like including. In fact, the titles are pretty much the ones I'm personally interested in, with few exceptions. I don't get paid for this, and I don't have time to devote to doing every DVD. I have a lovely wife and a five-year-old son I'd rather spend time with. Please don't complain. If there is a title not included in the Roundup that you want to see, just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone...like I do!

Note that Circuit City does not guarantee their sale prices in Hawaii.

[c]
__________TITLE____________Amazon_BestBuy_CrcCity_Target__CostCo__SamsClb
Batman:TAS - Out/Shadows__$14.99__$14.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Best of Bonanza Vol. 1____$18.74__$22.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Big Trouble_______________$18.71__$19.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Chlg/Superfriends: United_$14.99__$14.99__$_N/A___$14.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Clifford/Big Red Dog Vol4_$11.24__$ 7.99__$12.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
The Corner (Miniseries)___$29.99__$34.99__$34.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Crazy Little Thing________$18.74__$22.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Felicity - Sophomore Year_$44.99__$44.99__$59.99__$45.99__$_N/A___$43.84
Final Destination 2_______$20.99__$15.99__$15.99__$15.99__$18.99__$17.87
Honeymoon Killers - CC____$22.46__$24.99__$22.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Justice League - P. Lost__$14.99__$14.99__$_N/A___$14.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Kingpin (Miniseries)______$22.49__$19.99__$24.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Laurel & Hardy Collection_$22.49__$24.99__$24.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
The Life of David Gale-WS_$20.24__$19.99__$17.99__$19.99__$18.29__$_N/A_
Nicholas Nickleby - SE____$20.24__$19.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$17.99__$_N/A_
Spun - Rated or Unrated___$18.71__$17.99__$19.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Thomas: James/Red Balloon_$14.99__$14.99__$15.99__$14.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Umberto D. - CC___________$22.46__$24.99__$22.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
[/c]

* BE CAREFUL! The Life of David Gale is available in both Widescreen and Fullscreen versions...get the correct one.

* Non-OAR discs are left off the Roundup, whenever they've been identified in advance. Example: Drop Dead Fred (and pretty much everything else Artisan released this week! :frowning: ). This does NOT apply to markdowns, which are simply cut-and-paste from other lists.

* Both Circuit City and Best Buy are offering a 2-for-$25 deal on Final Destination bought on the same transaction as Final Destination 2.

* Best Buy has this deal on re-released Fox 2-disc Special Editions in new boxes:

* Best Buy also has this interesting deal:

* Wish me a happy 7th wedding anniversary today, guys. See ya!

The latest markdowns according to VideoTropics web site (DVD Title/Old SRP/New SRP):
-------------------------
None

The latest markdowns according to other sources:
-------------------------
American Idol: The Search for a Superstar (Season 1): new SRP $11.99

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
David - Thanks as always for all the work you put into the Weekly Round-Up! Especially on your 7th Anniversary! Congratulations!

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Heads up on the price for FD2. When I saw the BB ad (for
Albany, NY) earlier in the week it was listed at $16.99, so they may be doing regional pricing differences on that one.

James St

Supporting Actor
Happy anniversary, David.:)

I'll be getting a few of those 2 disc sets. What is the name of the 2 disc title to the right of The Abyss? I can't make it out.

Has there been any word on a 2 disc reissue of Patton?

Thanks.

Dick White

Stunt Coordinator
Thankfully, a light week. Thanks for your hard work, and thanks to your wife for putting up with it. :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Happy 7th!

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
7 years??? Even criminals don't get that long :D !! Have a very happy anniversary. Thanks again for the great job, and I like the inclusion of cover arts.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Happy Anniversary, Dave! :emoji_thumbsup:

Was hoping for a good deal on Nicholas Nickleby, but I guess I'll stick with my online pre-order.

I'm glad July's been such a light month - August & September are gonna KILL me!!

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Happy anniversary David !! I might get one of those 2 for 25 deals. Thanks for another edition of the awesome roundup ! :emoji_thumbsup:

Mark Richter

Stunt Coordinator
Happy Anniversary , Dave !

Getting the 7 year itch yet? :D

Just think........ if you'd done away with her on your wedding night......... you'd be a free man now...........

JUST KIDDING !!!!!!!!!

Dave may you and your wife continue to live a HAPPY and FRUITFUL life together!

God Bless

Mark

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

Thanks for all the good wishes, guys!

As a gift, Stephanie took me to Best Buy and let me grab some of these "Buy 1 at $15, get one $10 item free" deals. I bought Bull Durham, 1984, and Pink Panther Strikes Back and got free Y Tu Mama Tambien, Roadie, and Care Bears. Yeah, the last one is MAR, but I have everything else on the $9.99 list. My only other options were to skip fulfilling the $9.99 item for free part, or to get a duplicate and try to sell it off. At least Care Bears is open matte, so I can zoom it.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks David! (although I won't be picking up any new releases this week).

I did buy Tomb Raider from Best Buy today, and though the sticker said $14.99, it rung up for $11.99! No notice of a sale or anything. Odd, but I thought I'd share it with you guys in case anyone's looking to pick this title up in anticipation of the sequel...

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Congrats, Dave and great work as always.

Only KINGPIN for me this week! The 2 for $25 are already in my collection. I bought what I wanted the first time around.

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Carlo, Tomb Raider is in the Best Buy ad at $11.99. Bad Boys is also in the ad, as is Spy Kids. The whole sequel thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks