What's new

Batman: Dead End Comic Con Movie, WOW! (1 Viewer)

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
After reading about this on AICN and SHH, I really want to see it. Too bad we'll never see WB do a faithful adaptation outside of their animated department.

(admin note, post amended)

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
This, to me, is the coolest looking pic...

Damn you Joel Schumacher!!!!! Why did you have to destroy the Batman franchise?

Nick Graham

Screenwriter

Must see this movie!

BTW, it looks like the makers of the film will be authorizing it to be distibuted from superherohype.com
and other P2P networks in glorious Quicktime as early as tomorrow as long as they get legal clearance to do so.

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
Those stills are fantastic ! I like both of Tim Burton's films, but the definitive BATMAN movie has yet to be made. They should give 50 million bucks to the people who did that short and see what they could do. I bet the movie would be a blast!

John T

Auditioning
Just goes to show, in the right hands a great Batman film can be made. You dont need the mega budget, huge action set pieces (cough *batman and robin* cough) or the mega stars to make a visually appealing, faithful Batman film. Warner Bros. should take a note from these guys and the overwhelming fan response to this flick!

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
That put a smile on my face. ok, it put a big fat grin on it! :D The stills are incredible, can't wait to see the whole thing :)

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Some threads over at superherohype.com are stating Batman fights Aliens and a couple of Predators
at the end. Talk about a fanboy's wet dream!

Update: Here's some new pictures. Beware of the spoilers!

Pic 1

Pic 2

(Admin note - photo link changed to clickable links due to spoiler in photo.)

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Dang I thought the short sounded really cool, then found out they put the aliens and predators in it. :frowning:

Good for fanboys perhaps, bad for people that don't get excited (instead more than a little annoyed by it) by freddy v jason/marvel v capcom/alien v Predator and so on.

Adam

(Admin note - spoilers added, please let's be more careful for the time being.)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Well, the Batman vs Predator thing
was pretty big.

It seems this short was made to make fanboys happy.

I think it looks great and would love to see it.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Please, post no more AIM links or info on P2P linking of this short film. Until this film has been hosted on a site with the permission of the filmmakers, do not post download info for this film.

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
The owner of the Batman Dead End mini movie posted it on ----? He said so on another forum. Can I state where? BTW it was kooool!

It wasn't in Quicktime I guess I got a boot!

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Looks cool but Batman fighting Aliens and Predators
too? Talk about a kitchen sink scenario. Who does he fight in the end - Santa Clause??

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
:laugh:

The director is hoping to use the short as a demo reel. And he works for Stan Winston, hence the inclusion of those particular characters. I'm guessing that since they had access to the suits, they figured "what the hell, let's put them in".

All in all, I loved the clip. The dialogue was so-so, but man what a badass Batman that was :) And he did it without a rubber armor and a tqwo-pound codpiece. ARE YOU WATCHING, SCHUMACHER????

Gruson

Second Unit
What is the link to it? I cannot get to it and yes, damn you Schumacher!!!!!

Batman and Returns were so great.....oh well.

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
I just finished watching it, and I'm impressed. It's not THE BEST movie I've ever seen, but considering they were probably working within a pretty modest budget, and only had a few minutes of film to work with, I'm highly satisfied with the outcome.

The acting and some of the lines are a little hokey, and a tad contrived

Joker: You made me! I wear my mask, blah blah blah...

But the dialogue wasn't the centre-piece... the action was very well done, and I can't say enough about the ambiance - what the Batman movies (well, 3 & 4) should have been!

Call me a fanboy, but I kind of enjoyed the whole Alien/Predator tie-in!
:D

Moe.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I agree, the dialog/acting weren't great, but the design and cinematography certainly were. it showed that Batman's regular costume can be made to work onscreen. You don't need to put him in a rubber monstrosity.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Mmmm.... it rates an "okay" with me. It didn't blow me away, and some of it was just plain silly. The fight sequences weren't that good, and Bats looks too outclassed. There were shots that totally came from the pencils of Dave Mazzucelli.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks