Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Infinity Primus at Best Buy (Canada)...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Drew_W

Drew_W

Screenwriter

• 1,718 posts

Posted July 18 2003 - 05:52 PM

For those of you who are from the US, the Best Buy here carries only JBL, Yamaha, Bose, Sony and Precision Acoustics (!)...or did...

I was in the local Best Buy today and saw the boxes for the new Infinity Primus line...talking to a sales associate, these won't be on display for another month or so, but they can be purchased...I'm not really up to date on Infinity speakers, but I haven't had any luck finding out anything about them...they are priced almost on par with the Athenas at Future Shop, and since I was looking into getting a set of the Athenas, I'm wondering if I should rethink my decision...

Does anyone know anything about these speakers ? I can post the prices Best Buy is selling them for up here if someone wants them.
I gave up on tracking my collection and actually started watching what I have.

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   JohnnyG

JohnnyG

Screenwriter

• 1,523 posts

Posted July 19 2003 - 05:58 AM

Primus is replacing the Entra line. The driver material is M.M.D. versus C.M.M.D. (Ceramic Metal Matrix Diaphram) on the rest of the Infity line (including the Entra), so I guess they are basically aluminum drivers without the Ceramic.

I don't even have a price list on them yet, let alone any sort of review or evaluation time.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Drew_W

Drew_W

Screenwriter

• 1,718 posts

Posted July 19 2003 - 08:09 AM

Sorry, I was much too tired to post the prices for them last night, but I will do so now:

P150 - 299.99
P160 - 499.99
P250 - 699.99
P360 - 999.99
PC25 - 299.99
PS8 - 499.99
PS12 - 699.99

(all in Canadian funds)
I gave up on tracking my collection and actually started watching what I have.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   JohnnyG

JohnnyG

Screenwriter

• 1,523 posts

Posted July 20 2003 - 02:31 AM

So they are actually more expensive than the Entra line they replace. Interesting.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Steve>Smoker

Steve>Smoker

Extra

• 20 posts

Posted August 04 2003 - 11:51 AM

I've just bought a pair of Infinity 150s to complement my Denon AVR 1803.

First impressions are pretty good!
Especially for $99 a shot.

I'll be getting the 250s next month ($199 each) followed by the center ($199) and sub (3 models to choose from)the month after.

I'll see what it all sounds like as a set.

Build quality (from what I can tell) is excellent on the 150s.
Now all I have to do is wait till I can afford the rest. Posted Image

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Jonathan Dagmar

Jonathan Dagmar

Supporting Actor

• 723 posts

Posted July 05 2004 - 08:42 PM

At the brand new Best Buy in Langley (not open yet)I have had the opportunity to test out all of the new Primus speakers.

My thoughts? top notch, defnintely a good mathc for the athenas, and as far as the center goes, better.

I am going to pick a selection up myself, the discount i get is unreal.....

Too bad we don't carry a better selection of subwoofers... at least my discount works at future shop too.