What's new

The Official Knights of the Old Republic "Help!" Thread: Warning Spoilers Ahead!!! (1 Viewer)

BrianS

Stunt Coordinator
You asked for it...you got it. I figured I am going to need a lot of help in the coming months so I would go ahead & set up this dedicated "Help Me!" thread. This way we don't have to type
everytime and you can feel free to ask the dumbest questions possible (no prize shall be awarded for obtaining that distinction).

I am currently unstuck but I know I will be stuck again soon. :)

David Glenn

Second Unit
Is there a way to drop non-shared items so other members in your party can pick them up? Or do you have to put them back in a locker box?

Jake Gove

Second Unit
How to get by the Rancor (upper sewers):

I just lobbed 6 grenades at it and it died. Lob 1 grenade, run out of the room, repeat 5 more times.

The preferred method probably has something to do with putting the odor items on something and getting the Rancor to eat it, but I couldn't figure out how to do that. Anyone?

James T

Screenwriter
Is there a way to drop non-shared items so other members in your party can pick them up? Or do you have to put them back in a locker box?
I'm not sure what's meant by that question since all of your parties have access to your inventory and vice versa.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
So what planet did everyone head off to first? If you don't know what I'm talking about then don't worry you'll find out.

Personally I went to Tatooine.

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
Tatooine was my first choice as well, because I heard it was a good place to quickly pick up a second lightsaber.

So, anyone else been through the trial of Sunry yet? No matter what I do, the result seems unsatisfying.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
yes that and the general intelligence of the life forms of both places is about equal.

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
How to get by the Rancor (upper sewers):
I tried several methods and finally found a good one (loading my saved games 5 or 6 times). Use Mission's stealth and go to the corpse pile. Check the contents of the pile, take what's there, then check the pile again. There is nothing to take now, but hit "x" to "switch to give items". With this part of the menu, you can place items in the pile. Place the odor with a POISON grenade. After you close the bag menu, a cutscene starts and the rancor dies on his own.

I used the grenade method at first, but didn't want to drain my supplies--we light side folks can't afford to spend our hard earned credits on smaller stuff.:D

Michael Ballack

Second Unit
Boy am I stupid. I killed the Rancor the hard way. I threw a couple grenades, then put down mines and lured the Rancor to them. It worked, but I died many times. I was wondering what that smell thing was for.
Just last night I got to Dantooine and trained as a Jedi. That's when the game starts to get really cool.

Jeff Ashforth

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone have a good strategy for killing Bendak Starkiller. I'm having a pretty hard time of it. Grenades seem to be the only thing that damage him. I must have tried 5 or 6 times and I keep getting killed before I can get his health down.

Cheers.

J.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Anyone have a good strategy for killing Bendak Starkiller. I'm having a pretty hard time of it
One concussion grenade to stun him and my blade, dial wielding soldier (about level 5-6) at the time took him down with ease. I was almost suprised at how easy he went down. Concussion grenade is key. If you can stun him right off the bat, hes done for.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Bendak kicked my ass a couple of times before I beat him by roiding up my character with some kind of hyper-battle stimulant (it's called something like that), then I just ran around until he quit lobbing grenades and then closed in and beat the crap out of him. My character was using dual, upgraded vibroblades for the weapons and was about as high a level as you can get on Taris.

James St

Supporting Actor
So what planet did everyone head off to first?
I tried going to Tatooine as well but didn't have enough credits for the docking fee. So instead I went to Manaan. They have a merchant where you can sell off some things before you're charged the fee. I just completed the main quest but have been banned from the planet for life before I could do any of the side quests. I'm now off to Tatooine with a nice fat wallet.:)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Re: The Rancor

I just switched to Solo mode, and used stealth to get Mission and my main character past him. Then my wookie just ran past him.

I figured it had something to do with those odor packs, but I couldn't figure out how to use or drop them, so I just ran for it. :)

-Dave

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
I can't seem to complete the Mandalorian raider subquest on Dantooine; I've killed all the ones I could find, found two identical Mandalorian datapads, and one different, for a total of three. I've completed all of the other subquests I could find; Johari or whatever her name is, the Romeo and Juliet feuding families (the kids ran off together,) the 'personal assistant' droid, the ruins, the crystal cave, the murder investigation. Jon tells me there must be a Mandalorian leader somewhere around, but I've scouted the whole map, and I simply can't find hide nor hair of him.

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
ARG well i bought it played and well at the end of first level the game keeps hard crashing on me.......grrrr have to exchange it for another!

David Glenn

Second Unit
I can't seem to complete the Mandalorian raider subquest on Dantooine; I've killed all the ones I could find, found two identical Mandalorian datapads, and one different, for a total of three. I've completed all of the other subquests I could find; Johari or whatever her name is, the Romeo and Juliet feuding families (the kids ran off together,) the 'personal assistant' droid, the ruins, the crystal cave, the murder investigation. Jon tells me there must be a Mandalorian leader somewhere around, but I've scouted the whole map, and I simply can't find hide nor hair of him.
I'm in the same boat. I want to complete it before I leave for another planet.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I think the appearance of the Mandolorians on Dantooine is random. I was on my way back to the Jedi building from another task I had been doing and just ran into the leader's group even though I was pretty sure I had already checked that area earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread