What's new

Studio Classics: The Best Picture Collection (1 Viewer)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I see where Fox is repackaging 4 of their Studio Classics DVDs. But most importantly the "Sunrise" DVD is included in the box.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Good set! I guess they realised that everyone who gets 3 of these is sending in for Sunrise, so they may as well just include it. Too late for me, but a great start for others.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
It may be a solution to the problem of some people that could not get the "free" "Sunrise" in the country.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
first of all why has nobody mentioned the releasedate of october 14, 2003.

Unlike John, I have all three except Sunrise, so this is no bargain for me. Having said that, there must be somebody out there who does not want Sunrise.

Would that person pm me for a special deal ?

:D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I will buy that set and just sell off the three I already have! :D

I was reluctant to cut out the proofs of purchases for the Sunrise, and had been trying to think of a way out of it. I was all ready to succumb, but now I don't have to!

I have a friend who will gladly buy the other three off me, and has no interest in a silent film. :emoji_thumbsup:

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
I'm still hoping they are going to release Jane Eyre (1944) as part of their Studio Classics line. This is a great movie which deserves to join the others.

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
Stop grumbling - this is fabulous news! Buy the boxset and sell or trade the others you don't want or already have on Ebay. The Sunrise disc is worth $49.98 on its own!

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Well its a hell of an improvement over the previous situation.

It's possible that this is the next step toward the film getting its own release separately. I'm surprised that Peter didn't step back in to mention it though.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Jon

I am not grumbling about this news, in fact it is absolutely fantastic news indeed. Only seven months later do we get the news that Sunrise is becoming available to us without the purchase of 3 titles from the FSC line.

It could very well be that FSC are selling so well that Fox has decided to update its promotion to the next stage to see if Sunrise would merit its own release.

Seth

It is very possible that Fox/Staddon decided to do this without any fanfare as to see how people are pleased with this.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
This is fine with me as well. At last I can get Sunrise, and also Gentleman's agreement which I don't have, for less than $40. The two duplicates I can sell so it works out as a reasonable deal for me.

Derek_McL

Second Unit
I want to get Sunrise and if this set is available for around $50/£35 or less I'll probably take the plunge too. I already have All About Eve and How Green Was My Valley but these are inferior R2 discs without the classics' extras and they didn't cost me a lot. So I will get Gentleman's Agreement and Sunrise : two new films for my collection and improved versions of two others not too bad when you consider Universal are charging more for the original Scarface and its remake with nothing like the same extras !

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Hi Derek

I have all 3 R1 dvds and they are simply breathtaking quality prints. The extras such as the AMC backstory for each film are outstanding plus the commentaries are a joy to listen to.

Somehow I will get my hands on Sunrise

:emoji_thumbsup:

ChristianLiemke

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Christian Liemke
Has anybody received the "Fox Studio Classics - The Best Picture"-Box? Some users in a german DVD-forum said, that the box contains the old version of "How green was my Valley", not the new "Fox Studio Classics"-version.

A picture of the old version:

All DVDs were not sealed to remove the barcode with a blank sticker. The boxes itself were sealed.

They all ordered their sets at www.amazon.ca.

I ordered at www.dvdsoon.com, but didn't received it yet.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Well I got the box set from DVD Pacific and it contained the new version of How Green was my Valley. However, I had foolishly also ordered the set from Amazon.ca, having forgotten that I had placed an order with them some months ago! The box from Amazon arrived today and it included the old version of How Green was my Valley. At least I have a good reason to return it! So beware if ordering from Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks